The Quest For A 1000 HP STi #igotasti #doyou

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well after 5 years of owning our 2004 WRX STi we've decided to go for a monster build of 1000 HP. We've just starting looking into this process and will be looking for a builder or builders who know what's best for our STi.

We'd love to hear your inputs and thoughts on this process.

attachment.php

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You will need about 100,000 dollars lol. And a Tomei genesis stroker engine, a big honking turbo, a bunch of drive train parts, awic. The block is the most important piece of the puzzle and it will need to be strengthen with sleeves and gussets and that is usually custom work. I can elaborate farther when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I want to tune it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We've seen some 1000HP STi's and no way did they put 100k into the motor.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm not talking about the motor alone... If you don't build the whole car then good luck having it last a week.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Could you build the motor and detune it?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

A 100k seems excessive but 40k-60k seems about right. What will the car be used for? Drag? Or just to say you got 1000hp and she sits in the garage?

Laztug

+1 on your 100,000 dollar quote.:lol:

These cars are far from budget friendly, a 1000+awhp capable turbo can be turned down. But making that much power will have a narrow power band at high rpms.

My motor is built to hold 1000hp, but after looking around and getting input from my engine builder / forums, I ended up going with a more street friendly HTZ3586. (for sale if anyone is interested LINK.):D
I am hoping for 700+AWHP turned up and around 350-400 for street use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj8ZXh5LWGU

Here is a video of a 35R making well under 1000awhp on a gutted sti, trap speeds are just unreal!

+1 on your 100,000 dollar quote.:lol:

These cars are far from budget friendly, a 1000+awhp capable turbo can be turned down. But making that much power will have a narrow power band at high rpms.

My motor is built to hold 1000hp, but after looking around and getting input from my engine builder / forums, I ended up going with a more street friendly HTZ3586. (for sale if anyone is interested LINK.):D
I am hoping for 700+AWHP turned up and around 350-400 for street use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj8ZXh5LWGU

Here is a video of a 35R making well under 1000awhp on a gutted sti, trap speeds are just unreal!

How much do you have in the build?

Laztug

Ballpark.....I would say well over 30. I am sure Fasts quote is spot on, I have yet to sit down and do the math.
Parts for these cars are VERY expensive, my lack of knowledge and enthusiasm for the car made me buy some parts twice.

Original plan for the car was a mild stock location fp black turboxs fmic kit. That then turned into a ETS 4"core rotated HTZ3586, sleeved block, ported heads , gsc s3, with the works.

I am now trying to take ANOTHER loss and sell my new coated HTZ3586.....and go with a slightly bigger 6466TZ. :bang:

SudoSTI

It isn't as outlandish as it use to be. Hit up IAG. They're doing closed deck blocks that can handle the power now. They did xluben's 800+whp bug and V8Bait's engine that cracked 1000whp. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] you know [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] is never going to drive it anyway so what does it matter? :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It isn't as outlandish as it use to be. Hit up IAG. They're doing closed deck blocks that can handle the power now. They did xluben's 800+whp bug and V8Bait's engine that cracked 1000whp. @HolyCrapItsFast you know @IGOTASTi.COM is never going to drive it anyway so what does it matter? :lol:

This is true... It's going to be a unicorn!

A turbo subaru 6 banger or do the maxwell performance destroked 3.5 liter short block with a huge turbo and Rev it up would be what I would love to invest in.

E85 tune should make it possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1000whp takes $, big $. My build is around 1000hp at the crank. To do it you literally need to upgrade everything. You also need a closed deck block. IAG & Off The Line are the only closed decks I'd trust. You'll also want oversized head studs. Then with the heads you want oversized valves, upgraded springs, and retainers along with a massive port job. Then you'll need fuel. A shitload of fuel. Those 4 digit cars all run ID2000 injectors. I used a radium surge tank with 2 Walbro 450lph E85 pumps in it. The turbo of choice so far is a FP super99. Then you're also going to need a very stout clutch. Axles will need built. You're going to want to strengthen the transmission as well. I'm sure I'm missing something, well a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We've decided at this time to not cut into our 2004 STi with only 15,500 original miles. We just didn't think taking a mint 2004 STi to the shop was a smart move when there's not a ton of them out there in the original shape of ours.

We have a new project coming! Link will be updated here this weekend. ;)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I agree 100%. These things are soon to be rare especially in original condition as yours is. Hold onto it for a few years and you shall be rewarded!