Thinking of selling my STI :(

Tarmac_GR_STI

Kind of just throwing the idea around... Might try to sell the STI
frown.gif

It's not that anything is wrong with it, or that I can't afford it. I just don't have time to have fun in it, or drive her how she should be (on the track). And I'd like someone to take her off my hands and treat her right... lol.

The car would also come with a few parts that I've bought and haven't had a chance to install. Like... CF center console, CF door cards, CF driveshaft, Whiteline rear subframe bushings, Coolingmist Water/Meth kit, Ti turbo-back exhaust, stock STI seats. I'm sure there is a bit more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

Just looking for some input... as much as I love this car it just seems like I'll never be able to have fun it like I want too.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You will regret it. Don't sell!

Tarmac_GR_STI

Probably, I have had a form of an STI since 2007. It definitely won't be an easy let go. But life and WORK definitely takes priority, it just doesn't fit in very well anymore. :(

cobbtunedsti

Let her set!!! Mine set for 4 months broke down!!! I almost sold it and I'm glad I didn't. Don't do it!!!

Tarmac_GR_STI

Longest mine has sit was 7 months, drove for 2 weeks then 7 more months. Basically 14 months. Then another time was 8 months... and so on... I'm not home very often. For the 26 months I've owned this STI (09) I've drove it maybe 13 months out of that. :(

Tarmac_GR_STI

I knew about the insurance thing. it's not that it's too expensive, or that I'm dumb and pay insurance while I'm gone... haha. One of the things is, I just don't want a car payment when I can't even drive it majority of the time :/

Tarmac_GR_STI

This is the breakdown...
Car has the following installed: Crawford Performance (CP) Front Mount Intercooler, CP Air/Oil Separator, Perrin Lightweight Pulley, AEM Cold Air Intake, CP down-pipe, Tomei Equal Length Headers and up pipe, Apexi Mid-pipe, custom axle-back, Cobb front 25mm sway bar, Anti-lift kit, steering rack bushings, Kart Boy short throw shifter, Whiteline short throw shifter bushings, Sparco Steering wheel and hub, CP carbon fiber scoopless hood (RARE!), battery relocated to cabin (lightweight battery, easily moved back to engine bay), windshield wiper relocated to rear... and a Cobb Accessport. Also has 2006 STI BBS gold wheels mounted on it right now. WEll over $7000 in parts installed.

Things that come with the car: ACPT carbon fiber drive shaft, carbon fiber door cards, carbon fiber center console, Coolingmist water/meth kit, Cosworth FMIC, Whiteline 22mm solid rear sway bar, Whiteline rear subfram bushings, 4 extra Fog light covers, Bosch fuel pump, Titanium exhaust, 2009 STI BBS gold wheels, 2008 WRC carbon fiber mirrors.

Also, it's been tuned by Yimi Sports ($450 tune). Unfortunately the torque sensor wasn't working, but they estimated 305-310 WHP and 340-350 WTQ (compared to similar STI's with the same parts).

KBB for excellent is about $30k and then great is $29k. What do you think I could get for the car + all that extra NEW stuff included?

FL4TTURBO

keep it. by the time you realize what you let go of, they'll be rare again, have a huge premium and will be an entirely new model or hybrid, who knows.