Thoughts of the Godspeed Bolt In Rollcage

Scooby STIle

So I was looking around on the web for the different options available for bolt in roll cages.
Came across a 6 point bolt in rollcage from Godspeed.
Compared to other bolt in roll cages, what do you guys think of it?
A buddy said he can get it for me for around 45% off the retail price so I was considering purchasing it.

Going to be going into my 04 sti.
Being prepped for some fun on the track soon.

On a side note, thoughts on a GT-Spec trunk cage?
I have one coming in the mail so just curious as to how well this will work.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Z1107

If you do it, have safety plates welded to the floor to bolt onto instead of just the floor. The research I did looking into this for myself, this was the common practice since the the bars tend to snap in a collision at the feet and will break your leg.

Scooby STIle

If you do it, have safety plates welded to the floor to bolt onto instead of just the floor. The research I did looking into this for myself, this was the common practice since the the bars tend to snap in a collision at the feet and will break your leg.

Ouch, will definitely have to do that if I get this. Thanks for the heads up

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Godspeed welds are woefully inadequate on just about everything they make and to put confidence in anything that is meant to help save you in a crash is a bit optimistic IMO.

I wouldn't do it. The only time I would consider using it is in a show car... after it's cleaned up of course.

Scooby STIle

Godspeed welds are woefully inadequate on just about everything they make and to put confidence in anything that is meant to help save you in a crash is a bit optimistic IMO.

I wouldn't do it. The only time I would consider using it is in a show car... after it's cleaned up of course.

Thanks for the input. Do you know of any other bolt in cages out there?
I know there is a cusco and autopower cage, but don't know of any others

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Cusco and AutoPower are much better than GodSpeed. :tup:

The only other one I know of is J-speed... It's a bit pricey and hard to find in the US but I think it is worth it.