Timing belt inquiry

jswansti

Always good to check.

Its a little deceiving because theres a sticker on the shrink wrap around the parts kit that says "non returnable if this plastic is opened". So I didn't want to open it to look through the instruction manual.

jswansti

Contacted a guy who owns a shop right next to my tuner called slodrive racing. He does a lot of fabrication work, but he's also very good at engine/electrical work and I've never heard anything bad about him. He's gonna do my whole timing kit installed for $250!! Which is way cheaper than anyone else I contacted. Everyone keeps saying I should just do it, but I am FAR more comfortable having a professional do it, considering I've never even seen under my timing cover ha ha.

jswansti

Yeah, im usually weary of a deal that seams a little too good. but his feedback from the local subie community, and the guy who tuned my car (who's been said to be one of the best in the mid-west) is outstanding. I had dinner the other night with some local subie guys and a few of them had personal experience with him and said he's awesome, so I trust it!