Tire size help

Well, I have read spamby's thread on wheel and tire tech. Very, very informative write up with tooooons of info. But, I have been having some trouble looking for tires to fit my wheels, to which every online dealer will ask what size tire you need, but does not offer a guide for rim width and diameter. That said, does anyone know of a website where you can input rim width and diameter, the come up with the proper size tire that fits like it should? I am not one for the stretched look, and its starting to get on my nerves. Or, if you know what size I should run for a correct fit, that would be great! My wheels are 17x10, et is not important for this question, as I will make necessary adjustments to avoid rubbing, basically this is a get rid of my stretch thread! Haha! Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated and will hopefully help anyone else who stumbles upon this thread! Later guys and gals, of to bed!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Tirerack.com

You can't input a wheel size and it give you tire results but if you search tire brands and then click on the specs for a tire type, you will notice one of the columns is for recommended rim width range. For a squared tire shoulder, I always follow the measured rim width column and it usually seems to be in the middle of the rim range.