Tiz I kiddchaos

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I don't know if tapatalk lets you upload videos, but I don't want to see you hitting 25 pounds of boost, especially if it's the stock turbo! Don't floor it anymore if your car is hitting 25 pounds of boost!

djkiddchaos

All they could tell me about the car was it was owned by a marine and he took very good care of it that's all I know about the car and from what you guys tell me

djkiddchaos

Ok I found out it peaks around 15 psi and that is with me during 60 and then flooring it and 6th gear and it starts beeping at 15 psi eyes

Grinder34

Track Monkey
These cars are fickle. Flooring it in high gears at low speeds is "frowned upon." There was a technical discussion on here a while back about it. I think it was from fujiproduction.

Did the car come with any "extras" such as a Cobb Accessport or a Tactrix cable?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Looking over the pictures what I can see:
Cobb intake of some kind
Cat-back
Defi gagues and controller

The intake usually "requires" (very strongly recommended) a tune.

So if you're willing to spend a bit of money, I'd buy either a tactrix or an accessport. There are many threads on here dicussing the merits of each. From there you can start logging and messing with engine mapping. If you have people in your area with STIs you may be able to borrow a tactrix to log and tune, but its useful to have your own.

You could sell/trade your intake for a stock one. You run into a problem if the engine is tuned for the intake and you replace it though, so either way you'll want to figure out your ECU stuff first. Anyways, the stock airbox is actually really good! It doesnt have the "cool" factor, but its not really a restriction until you're making quite a bit more HP than stock.

I think tactrix is ~100 and Accessport is ~400. Its really not that much when you factor it into the price of the car.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
He has a downpipe as well. [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]

So its either stage 2 or its a stage 2 protune if hes not popping codes.

djkiddchaos

I know this is a total noob question but what is pro tune? I understand the access port part. how can I tell if its been pro tuned or not is there a tell tell sign?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
"protune" just means tuned by a professional. Usually protunes are "locked" meaning you cant easily look at all the work that they've done, to basically protect their intellectual property.

djkiddchaos

Ahhhh OK cool . but I wish y'all could hear the engine oooooh mama!!!! But from what you guys have been telling me I think it is Pro tuned