TK-421's 2013 SWP STi Sedan

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
LOL. You can change all that now. The whole site is open to you. You can load a new avatar as that is the small size form basic membership. Plus you can add a profile pic, get a spot in the Rides, and lots of other goodies.

Do it up! Have fun and enjoy. ;)

TK-421

Sweet! And I've gotta order me some gear, remember my shirt collection? Time to add you guys to it!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ah thanks.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Get to work son, and keep your hands off the wheels. ;)

TK-421

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415831985.602568.jpg
Back when the engine bay wasn't modified and was literally 17 miles new.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832078.276773.jpg
Little things like red pin striping in the front grille, should have came like this on all 08+ from factory

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832181.503139.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832295.062761.jpg
Black fender garnishes work well with certain colors, while the stock silver ones work good with other colors

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832452.738498.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832473.697710.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832495.657153.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832534.741554.jpg
Here I was playing around with different settings and photo editing with my T5i DSLR

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832622.313777.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832657.136655.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832713.940730.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832772.900636.jpg
Starting to screw around in the engine bay with different bolt on stuff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832835.897091.jpg
Oh shizzz new shoes!
Wheels do absolutely make it break the look of a car, without a doubt.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832897.227406.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832922.495394.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415832953.081046.jpg
One of my favorite things about the looks of the GV Sedans is the quad tips.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833037.501044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833067.421992.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833088.140502.jpg
More Camera Editing Shenanigans

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833190.941128.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833214.036907.jpg

https://vimeo.com/111687807
Had to throw in a quick video clip of the exhaust note

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833343.172941.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833381.311820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415833407.724534.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That camera is pretty sweet. Love the wheel pics.

TK-421

That camera is pretty sweet. Love the wheel pics.

Yeah it is, but the price, ouchhh I could have purchased a new turbo...

I do need to take the time to learn it and learn photo editing skills, then and only then will the offset of the cost be worth it to me.

But I'm a mechanic, not a photographer and nor do I have the free time to really do it, what free time I do have I spend helping on here.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well regardless if I'm in PA, KY, VA or FL, I'll always hold this forum in high respect, maybe when I come back up to get my car we can have a fairwell meet for me haha

But I do plan on making my knowledge and talents available to anyone and everyone who's willing to learn and wants to listen.

Those how to's that I write, I do those to help better the forum and make us stand out from the rest as a knowledgeable and friendly place to enjoy your STi with other STi owners.

Does this mean I can retire now! :lol:

IanR

I agree you should have seen the sales mans face when I walked in (21 years old at the time) and ordered a 2015 sti in the beginning of march. He was speechless. Picked it up May 26

TK-421

I agree you should have seen the sales mans face when I walked in (21 years old at the time) and ordered a 2015 sti in the beginning of march. He was speechless. Picked it up May 26

The stereo types of society today

The stereo types of society today
Lol try being young a woman and do this. Lawd its even worse! Not only do they look at you like your broke but they look at you with that awww look Barbie just walked in look and act like your ignorant before you even utter a word to a soul. But I take it in stride that my uniquely awesome self is just to much for them when I finally do get to speak and blow their minds. Bahahaha! Never gets old lol. And please note its a joke I'm not quite that arrogant lol.

But great thread man I've enjoyed reading about your white storm trooper ;-) #starwarsfanforlife lol. A great and knowledgeable vendor/tuner is Dale Teague with Boxer4Racing next time you go on a shopping spree. I get most of my stuff through him and he is always willing to answer my questions and explain diffrences on products to me. Not to mention if I order from him online or via phone I usually have my stuff in 2 days if I don't just ride out to the shop to get it and well you know drool and admire the on going projects of others that he is working on lol.

I look forward to your continued build and blogging!

TK-421

Lol try being young a woman and do this. Lawd its even worse! Not only do they look at you like your broke but they look at you with that awww look Barbie just walked in look and act like your ignorant before you even utter a word to a soul. But I take it in stride that my uniquely awesome self is just to much for them when I finally do get to speak and blow their minds. Bahahaha! Never gets old lol. And please note its a joke I'm not quite that arrogant lol.

But great thread man I've enjoyed reading about your white storm trooper ;-) #starwarsfanforlife lol. A great and knowledgeable vendor/tuner is Dale Teague with Boxer4Racing next time you go on a shopping spree. I get most of my stuff through him and he is always willing to answer my questions and explain diffrences on products to me. Not to mention if I order from him online or via phone I usually have my stuff in 2 days if I don't just ride out to the shop to get it and well you know drool and admire the on going projects of others that he is working on lol.

I look forward to your continued build and blogging!

Thanks for the kind words, pretty cool that your a Star Wars geek like myself, and I'll try to keep up with the install write ups, just a little daunting when most of my work is on the dyno these days tuning for "stage 2" kids. The build on the other hand, well the build on this car is pretty much over. I'm going to be returning it to stock and selling it. All the aftermarket parts will then be available for sale. I've got two other cars and having a third one, especially one that I don't drive too often is a bit of a headache, if I do say so myself.

TK-421

So just an update, been extremely busy, getting back into the daily grind of things after the holiday blah blah.

The Subaru is officially gone, left my possession yesterday.

Even though I do not own an STi anymore, does not mean I will leave everyone hanging.

Additionally, in the midst of saying goodbye to the Subaru, I have also made a Job change as well from working in the performance field, back to dealership life. Which will now provide me with steady hours and work, along with a better ability to come on to here, and help everyone with questions and maybe I'll be able to pick up tuning as a hobby now. Being a tuner for a living just plain sucks these days, it was cool back in the day..... Before WRX's became cheap and kids with clapped out civics started picking them up, the kind of young punks that are the ignorant and arrogant types. I got sick of doing "Stage 2" pro tunes almost all the time. Plus being a diabetic, having health insurance that's better than some sub par obamacare crap is nice as well.

Doing the occasional tune for a friend or someone on here will be refreshing, instead of everyday having some yayhoo complain that $650.00 for a dyno tune for his intake is highway robbery. Granted I agree somewhat, but if your going to come for a full dyno tune, don't come with just an intake and a downpipe, make my time and your money well worth it.

Okay enough about the Job switch.

The Subaru, left yesterday, it was a decent run, did some tasteful mods to it, took it on a few road trips, a few events, and had generally a good time driving it.

I think I only had a few complaints about it, 1 I wish I had bought a hatch, the wing on the 2011 and up is just outrageously huge, takes up the back window quite a bit, unlike the GD chassis where the wing was something you grew used to, because it didn't have all the crazy bends and curves. 2 the interior is just plain shit, honestly in the new GR/GV it is, the plastics feel very thin and every time I took something apart in the interior, I'd end up with bloody knuckles. The GD just seemed like a more solidly build chassis, better build quality. If I were to ever get another STi, it would absolutely hands down be a 04 to 07 year range. 3rd has to be SI drive. Most of the time I would just drive it in the "S" Sport setting, because that's what was active by default every time you started the car. But when your next to someone who wants to "play" you better remember to switch it to "S#" Sport Sharp. Because if you don't, your gonna get walked on. I just enjoyed the older GD once again, because the faster you wanted to go, the more you pushed the throttle pedal. No SI drive stuff, no Auto + or Auto - Sometimes the simple ones are the better ones.

Now I'm not saying the new GR/GV is a horrible car at all! I just feel that Subaru tried too hard in some areas, while neglecting other areas. It's a performance car, focus on things like engine performance and the tune and suspension, instead of SI drive and heated seats, sun roof and audio system upgrades. Keep that stuff to the legacy GT.

Other than those complaints it was a wonderful car to own, bit hard to keep SWP clean to be honest. But non the less a fun car to drive.

When I was out today, I counted 7 subaru's 4 of them being STi's all 2015 models. Subaru's sure do sell like hot cakes, seems like everyone has one now. Kinda remember the days growing up when the STi was a special car that no one had, sad to see that day has passed.

Stay tuned for a new Journal to be started on the new car........

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who bought it?