TMIC fan mod Q&A

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fan ties came in... All 40 of them! :tard: :rofl:

Ok, so just got back from a cruise..... Drove for about an hour. It's 93 degrees here today, which is retardedly hot....

Fan 1 was on the entire time after 5 minutes of leaving the house. Under the hood temperatures were hovering around 105* cruising and never went under. I saw it go up to as high as 127* at a long ass red light. At the lights and speeds under 25 MPH, temperatures were in the mid to late teens. Highest temperature for Fan 2 was 143* at the long ass red light. With the two spray nozzles now in tact, temperatures dissipate very quickly! :tup:

Now, let me ask this: Heat soak starts at around 130*-140*, correct? So we don't have any issues under heavier load, how low should the temperature go in order to avoid any potential issues that might arise from that crazy heat?

On the highway, the temperature under the Intercooler was around 102*-105*. In the city, it was around 110*.

I'm thinking a better way to have the fan cycle would be:

-Fan 1 turns on after 105* and turns off under 105*
-Fan 2 turns on after 125* and doesn't turn off until the temperature goes under 115*
-Sprayer only turns on when EITHER temperature goes over 130*

Let me know if you think that's a more viable way. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

I'm going to have to keep checking the Intercooler sprayer tank frequently because it turns on quite often in the city.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I will think about it more. I still haven't figured our how to implement hysteresis yet.

For now it sounds like it is working as expected.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, so the fan on the left is how both fans came. The fan on the right is how both fans are now with the fan blades reversed. :tup:

[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] , you asked what the "yellow BPV thing" was. Here it is:

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] With the wastegate crack, would/should there be any symptoms? Here are some pictures:

Pretty damn dry! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION]

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Still going strong, baby! Big :tup: to [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] for the ingenuity! :bigtup:

often times it take a lack of existing product to get people to invent. That being said [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] is a very good inventor and finder of useful mods for our cars. Not only does he find useful mods for our cars but he also incorporates monitoring to show how it is useful. Keep up the great work [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION].