Tmic vs fmic

saintswrx

so what do you guys prefer? advantages and disadvantages if any also if you go from a tmic to the fmic do you have to remove ur fog lights

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
pros to tmic
-faster response

cons to tmic
-horrible heat soak = losing power
-power capacity. Since the size of a tmic is alot smaller in comparison to a fmic, it can be limiting your power.... if you make enough ;)

pros to fmic
-no heat soak aside from the pipe (if going clockwise) that runs over the turbo. Heat wrap can help that if it's an issue.
-ability to make more power!!

con
-more response TIME. Some people think it causes more lag but the turbo's characteristics don't change. It's the TIME it takes to charge all the fmic piping which in turn feels like lag since it takes a second (hypothetical) more than a tmic to get that power.

As for keeping fog lights, it depends on which brand you get. Fmic's with lower inlet/outlet ports like APS, AMS or Treadstone will force one to remove their foglights. A brand like Perrin, AMR or Crawford have the inlet/outlet ports at the top/side of the fmic would run the piping over the foglights. Ultimate Racing and Cosworth have fmic's that have the inlet/outlet ports in the middle on the side and haven't looked into those **I personally have not confirmed all these** Google any brand you are interested in along with "foglight" and search for pics + info.

FL4TTURBO

<-------------running Turbo XS fmic kit. great for the money. minimal lag. kept my stock fogs. would not stay tmic for very long for all reasons stated above.

Undecisive

I have the TurboXS TMIC and I think it does fine. But then again I'm at a solid 350/350 so I really have no need for a FMIC. But the Bigger TMIC helps