Transmission options

blown_RS

As a few of you know I'll be under taking a bit of a project this spring/summer with my 2.5RS :D

My question to some of the more senior members here, as I am very new to the Subaru community and more specifically the GC8, is what kind of transmission options are there out there for a guy trying to make a solid 400/400 to the wheels and plans of beating the ever living FAWK out of it? :tard: cars are made to be driven right?

I've toyed with the idea of PPG's but not sure if I want to pony up the 5K for the gears and its not going to be a full on track car... yet... lol

thanks guys, i'll be sure to post up the tear down and build up in the members journal section when I start it, I can gaurntee that you'll want to look in on that one when it happens :drool:

:cheers:
Cheers
Tony

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just a crazy thought. :tard:

Have you looked into seeing if the STi drive train will fit into an RS? I have seen entire drive trains (Tranny, axles, drive shaft, wheel hubs, brakes, rear diff, wire harness and DCCD control module) go for as little as $4800

I would imagine there is going to be some fabrication and modification of parts but well worth it versus paying $5000 for juts gears (That aren't really better than stock sti gears anyway IMO)

blown_RS

Just a crazy thought. :tard:

Have you looked into seeing if the STi drive train will fit into an RS? I have seen entire drive trains (Tranny, axles, drive shaft, wheel hubs, brakes, rear diff, wire harness and DCCD control module) go for as little as $4800

I would imagine there is going to be some fabrication and modification of parts but well worth it versus paying $5000 for juts gears (That aren't really better than stock sti gears anyway IMO)

I already have STi front hubs, I'll end up doing rear hubs during the build as well, but no I havent looked into a full driveline swap.

I'd like to keep as much of the driveline as possible, I already have a JDM ver V tranny in the car, I was informed that this is a pretty stout setup as is... but is it enough for 400 awhp?

Fuji, 6spd sould be great fun, I may look into this... :D

blown_RS

why not post up a basic list of whats needed in this thread... or PM me your number.

How much power/torque are the 6spd's good for? would make hwy drives much nicer lol. probably the wrong forum for this question but i'm going to need help with the tuning side as well, who knows Hydra?

blown_RS

dope... ya'll wanna come up here and do it? i've got a ton of questions lol.... was just looking for bearings, yeah, too many options and motor codes lol fucking Subaru...

STimedic

If I'm not deployed, I'm in it to win.......and help, done a 6MT swap too.....just not into a GC, but I'm sure it's just as easy since they didn't really change any mounting points between 93-07. It's like legos. I'm good with legos. :tard: