Turbo Oil Screen

So I was reading a TSB on the oil screen on the banjo fitting bolt for the turbo oil line feed.
The TSB was talking about inspection and replacement if there is an issue with low oil pressure to the turbo.

Is this something that should be inspected periodically as preventative maintenance? Has anyone ever had this be an issue for them? I do not have and oil pressure or turbo problem, but I do not want to in the future.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to agree.

On one hand if you remove them you risk particles getting into the turbo or gumming up the AVCS. On the other hand if you leave them in and they clog, you will starve the turbo and the heads of oil and you could do significantly more damage.

Either way, particles in the oil stream large enough to clog a screen or damage a turbo usually means you have other issues that you should be addressing. Clogged screens are usually indicated by AVCS diagnostic codes popping up.

When you replace your timing belt at 70,000 miles you can get at the screen on the front of the driver side head. The one back by the turbo on the passenger side is fairly easy to get to.

So pretty much most people should remove these little guys since they can cause more harm then good is the general rule of thumb.