water cooling ewg.

finallymysti

so i got the tial mv-r wastegate. and it says to water cool it if you track your car(which i do a lot) or if there is limited air flow to it(which ther is). so my question is what routing/how should i run coolant lines. i'm thinking eliminating the throttle body coolant line all together and running that as the line for the wastegate. is this good or not? thanks for the help i'm a real :tard: when it come to power/engine stuff.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You can probably tap off the turbo's coolant line. It is right near by and you can probably divert one of the coolant lines from the turbo into the waste gate and then into return. The thing I am not 100% about is which direction the coolant flows through the turbo but I believe it flows from the block into the turbo and then from the turbo into expansion tank. Either way you need to make sure the turbo is first before the waste gate.

The other thing that would concern me is the size of the ports. They need to be at least as big as the turbo line to equal the flow. Otherwise it becomes an obstacle. In that case you would need to find another source and if that is the case you might as well do the throttle body heater delete mod and re-purpose those lines for cooling the waste gate.

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You mentioned it in your first post..."throttle body coolant line" = "throttle body heater"

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh look at that. I didn't even see that in the first post. Yeah that, the throttle body coolant line haha!

Clinton Bettner

this might help you out!
i'm feeding mine from 7 ( stock turbo coolant feed on the back of the head) and returning it to the water pump where the "oil cooler" return used to be.
deleted the throttle body lines as well.

cooling.JPG

Last edited: