Weight reduction in your STi and some other notes.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I was just reminded of this thread--and im still interested in removing the evap system. STImedic, did you ever talk to Fuji about that? His 75lb claim sounds AWESOME.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Indeed it would be!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well even if its not 75 lbs, it still sounds good. I dont like clutter or weight.

I have yet to see a how-to on an EVAP removal, and i'd be worried about adverse effects of just removing it. Things like pressure buildups, or improper venting. I dunno.

I'm mechanically inclined, with a reasonable understanding of most of the pieces of the car---but I dont always understand the subtle nuances and ins-and-outs of each system and subsystem. Consequently, without a tried-and-true how-to, I get nervous putting my only car under the knife.

Should we start another thread on this?

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
True, but they probably have *some* of the plumming there right? If you literally just rip out everything, I thought you'd have problems with ridiculously slow fuel tank fill times, and potentially other issues.

As i said, not an expert, just curious.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Annnnnd.....subscribed

STimedic

I mean as far as canister removal. I've already removed the airbag system minus wiring and will eventually pick up a set of Oswald bumper beams. Plus some of the other stuff.......like lightweight front seats and a complete re-wiring of the car a la mil-spec connectors.