Weird shit is happening with my engine.... HELP!

:lol: Best title ever?

I was driving home today when my car felt a little sluggish in the lower revs. I put the car in 4th at 2500rpm and floored it and nothing... the rev's went no where. I shifted to third and was able to accelerate. About 30 seconds later I was able to accellerate at low RPM's in 4th and 5th again.... But after less than 2 minutes the problem resurfaced and a CEL popped on. I killed the engine, restated the car and was able to drive the remaining 2 miles home....

Now here's the annoying part. My AP didn't find any codes.:| :tdown:

I think its the resurfacing of the phantom cam sensor... or what ever randomly caused missfires a couple months back.

Thoughts?

cobbtunedsti

How many miles are on your build? You shouldn't have any problems!! You just had it built!!!!!!!

cobbtunedsti

I had a cam sensor light flash one time after a engine was installed and the plugs were not snapped together all the way.. The light never came back on!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Reset the ECU regardless and log for your own sanity over the next few days. Don't go anywhere without logging. If it happens again you will at least capture it in the log.

Don't bother with the lap top, just do it with the AP.

Log the following

RPM
Calculated load
AVCS left and right
A/F Sensor ratio
A/F Correction 1
A/F Learned 1
Fine Knock Learned Correction
Feedback Knock Correction
Throttle Position
Boost
Ignition Timing
Dynamic Advance
Commanded Fuel
MAF Voltage

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm not sure. If you think it will happen more frequently if you don't reset then just log till it happens again. I'd really like to see what's going on and hopefully a log will show something but it is possible it won't.