Will's 2004 silver STi

2004 Scoobaru STi

Figured I would get some more pictures up for everyone to look at :D

Scoobaru.jpg

Head lights blacked out and removed the reflector. God I can not stand crome. Dont mind the rock rash :-o

scoobAssend.jpg

Did the JDM real light mod cant realy call it a mod just moved some lights around but I like the way it looks Ill get some pics of them at night when I get the chance

scoobinterier.jpg

First "Mod" of the new STi could not stand the gray part of the steering wheel and the dash trim.

scoobengine.jpg

scoobcobb.jpg

Just having some fun with photo editing

scoobblitz.jpg

scoobaru2.jpg

When to Rallysportdirect this weekend hence the sicker picked up a cobb shifter, kartboy bushings and turn in concepts shifter link bushings. God it made a world of diffrence :tard:

Just some eye candy to look at for the folks here on IGOTASTi feel free to leave a comment let me know what you think.

My name is Will and I got a STI

Lets make a long story short I'm a mustang man always had a fox body, met a good friend in Hawaii that had a WRX he gave me the keys and said have fun. Well I learned two things that day, one I would one day own a Subaru and two how to replace gears in a WRX transmission (he forgot to tell me how weak they where 3rd gear gone:tard:). 4 years later paid the wife's van off, got stationed in Dugway Utah, wife gave me permission to get a new car :tard: ( she hated the Mustang). The sale. It has all wheel drive good for the snow and it has four doors for the kids. Forgot to mention that it has a 2.5l turbo'd beast under the hood :D, the brakes will rip your face off and is made to eat dirt alive.

Came with SPT intake, full 3" turbo back exhaust and a Cobb AP (still figuring that one out. LC and FF ftw). Work I've already done - all silver parts inside painted black plus that ugly gray steering wheel, head light mod (painted black but not cleared removed reflectors). Plans as of now - Full bushing upgrade for the shifter (going to Rally Sport Direct on Friday:cool:). Later plans - engine to turbo exhaust, coil overs and a lot of heat management.

ADDED... 20121103

Cobb adjustable short throw (as short a throw as I could get. No need to cut the plate just remove studs and flipped it. Trimmed rubber gasket got a little more space out of it) still had a lot of movement it the shifter
:x.

installed-
Kartboy shifter bushings (really easy upgrade to do was amazed at how soft the stock bushings where. Still some movement but not a lot now / some tranny noise but sounds good to me)

Installed-
Turn in Concepts shifter link bushings (the bees knees thats all I have to say. no more unwanted movement / tranny noise increase but still music to my ears)

MISSION COMPLETE... for now
:tard:

Time for an update :lol:

Well came up on 80573 miles time for an oil change, so much fun. I live in bum fuck Utah so after lurking around finding information and such settled on Amsoil and the best oil filter I could find. Go to Autozone waste of time :|, go to Napa they had the Amsoil but not the good stuff. More wasted time. So now time to go to good old Wally World and the internet, so Rotella T6 it is, still have not found a good oil filter. No Rotella , wtf, FUCK it Mobil 1

Now its time for a filter and lo and behold only thing they have is fuckin Fram. Back to Autozone to check out the selection there Fram... Fram... Fram... Boach- check the web looks good fuck dont have the size Fram... Fram... Fram...

19 year old clerk "can I help you find something?" me "na just looking for a oil filter" for fuck sake I'm standing in front of a wall full of oil filters. She looks me dead in the eye and says " we have a very good selection of " wait for it................... "FRAM"

GOD!!!!! Why. Walk off with my head hung low...

Grabbed my Mobile 1. As I was getting ready to check out at the end of the isle I see some Mobile 1 oil filters and they have my size. 15 minutes on the phone looking up stats and all that jazz. Not too shaby. FUCK :tard:

From here on out I will be ordering my oil and filters.

NEW MOD!!!

Did a halfassedredneck grounding mod just for shits and grins :tard: well hot DAMN!!! Car smoothed out allot! Instead of the massive surge of power at 3000 rpm, I can feel the car start to, for a lack of a better term, pre spool at 2600 rpm and as it reaches 2900 rpm it smooths into boost. FUCKING SEX!!!

I'll get some pics up when I unfucker the set up and make it look good.

So the radiator cracked at 81530... ...driving over the pass like a crazed maniac like I always do. As I get to the bottom I start to smell antifreeze "shit!", slam on the brakes, pull over and lift the hood. Yup antifreeze every where!!! then there it was, the crack. I am now 26 miles from home and 31 miles from town, what to do? what to do? Idea! I attempt to call every parts store from here to town not one fucking radiator to be found so I decide to limp it home.

Got to give it to the guys at Rallysportdirect ,they are based about 2 hrs away from me so no over night charges for me :) .

Got the radiator in, unwrapped, drained (fuck the drain cock, who the hell thought that was a good spot to put it) and installed in two hours. Not bad considering it took 1 hour and 20 min to figure out how to loosen and drain the damn thing and 40 mins to pull, swap everything over, install and check for leaks.

Wasnt much room to work, but no suprises, I am starting to enjoy working on Subaru.

Last edited:

ZachTTLM

We like more pictures :) thanks for the journal...You have a clean ride...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome read and I enjoyed the pics! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You've already got a turbo-back...are you planning to replace it, or just get new headers?

ADDED... 20121103

Cobb adjustable short throw (as short a throw as I could get. No need to cut the plate just remove studs and flipped it. Trimmed rubber gasket got a little more space out of it) still had a lot of movement it the shifter
:x.

installed-
Kartboy shifter bushings (really easy upgrade to do was amazed at how soft the stock bushings where. Still some movement but not a lot now / some tranny noise but sounds good to me)

Installed-
Turn in Concepts shifter link bushings (the bees knees thats all I have to say. no more unwanted movement / tranny noise increase but still music to my ears)

MISSION COMPLETE... for now
:tard:

Time for an update :lol:

Well came up on 80573 miles time for an oil change, so much fun. I live in bum fuck Utah so after lurking around finding information and such settled on Amsoil and the best oil filter I could find. Go to Autozone waste of time :|, go to Napa they had the Amsoil but not the good stuff. More wasted time. So now time to go to good old Wally World and the internet, so Rotella T6 it is, still have not found a good oil filter. No Rotella , wtf, FUCK it Mobil 1

Now its time for a filter and lo and behold only thing they have is fuckin Fram. Back to Autozone to check out the selection there Fram... Fram... Fram... Boach- check the web looks good fuck dont have the size Fram... Fram... Fram...

19 year old clerk "can I help you find something?" me "na just looking for a oil filter" for fuck sake I'm standing in front of a wall full of oil filters. She looks me dead in the eye and says " we have a very good selection of " wait for it................... "FRAM"

GOD!!!!! Why. Walk off with my head hung low...

Grabbed my Mobile 1. As I was getting ready to check out at the end of the isle I see some Mobile 1 oil filters and they have my size. 15 minutes on the phone looking up stats and all that jazz. Not too shaby. FUCK :tard:

From here on out I will be ordering my oil and filters.

NEW MOD!!!

Did a halfassedredneck grounding mod just for shits and grins :tard: well hot DAMN!!! Car smoothed out allot! Instead of the massive surge of power at 3000 rpm, I can feel the car start to, for a lack of a better term, pre spool at 2600 rpm and as it reaches 2900 rpm it smooths into boost. FUCKING SEX!!!

I'll get some pics up when I unfucker the set up and make it look good.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Bahahahahha funny ass read. For oil i go to JJ!!! Amsoil dominator!!!! Best shit i have used. And ive used eneos. Mobile 1. Motul and now amsoil for the past 2 oil changes. Great shit indeed! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Bahahahahha funny ass read. For oil i go to JJ!!! Amsoil dominator!!!! Best shit i have used. And ive used eneos. Mobile 1. Motul and now amsoil for the past 2 oil changes. Great shit indeed! :tup:

I agree.

I can get you the good stuff. :)

So the radiator cracked at 81530... ...driving over the pass like a crazed maniac like I always do. As I get to the bottom I start to smell antifreeze "shit!", slam on the brakes, pull over and lift the hood. Yup antifreeze every where!!! then there it was, the crack. I am now 26 miles from home and 31 miles from town, what to do? what to do? Idea! I attempt to call every parts store from here to town not one fucking radiator to be found so I decide to limp it home.

Got to give it to the guys at Rallysportdirect ,they are based about 2 hrs away from me so no over night charges for me :) .

Got the radiator in, unwrapped, drained (fuck the drain cock, who the hell thought that was a good spot to put it) and installed in two hours. Not bad considering it took 1 hour and 20 min to figure out how to loosen and drain the damn thing and 40 mins to pull, swap everything over, install and check for leaks.

Wasnt much room to work, but no suprises, I am starting to enjoy working on Subaru.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What rad did you get?

Koyo OEM replacment radiator nothing fancy just need to get it replaced and from the information I have been reading there is no real reason to justify spending 400 on an all aluminum radiator right now

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Koyo OEM replacment radiator nothing fancy just need to get it replaced and from the information I have been reading there is no real reason to justify spending 400 on an all aluminum radiator right now

I agree.

IMG_20121225_154615_zpsb91992b9.jpg

Ok so there I am on my way back to good old Dugway UT. This asshole in a G35 has been riding my ass for the last 20 miles and Im starting to get pissed, I have my girls in the car Im not about to do something stupid. My little one, Jessica looks at me and says "daddy your car is faster right?" to which I respond "yes why do you ask?" without missing a beat she says "do you think he would play?" (play = rally/dirty) "I dont know babe his car is 2 wheel drive but we can see. You guys want to play?" to which they both give me a resounding "YES" (got to love them)

Im about a mile to my turn and it just so happens there is a wide open field next to that turn (really smoothed out gravel with 3in of snow about 1/2 mile sq. Just for visual reference) so I down shift, I going to give him what he wants. I give it a little bit of gas, my car is chopping at the bit it knows what is about to happen and the guy behind me knows too. I love full out pulls, there is just so much going on boost spikes I watch for the shift light and BAM flat foot shift to 4th! The G didnt even have time to react it was funny and better yet the girls are over there just giggling away.

So now the guy, I guess he got mad, pulls up along side me and gives me the " what the fuck I wasnt ready" sign. My turn is coming up really fast so I start to slow down and this asshole decides it would be a good idea to get back behide me and ride my ass, we are talking like 4 in of ass riding. At that spacing the only thing he would be able to concentrate on would be my car, big mistake. I have my turn signal on so he knows Im turning right, remember the field? So I make the right with a little speed just to keep his interest and then I yank then wheel left (can any one guess what he did?) yup just as planed he follows me, he realizes he mistake but too late for that one. As I make a graceful, wide arcing slide that only an all wheel drive car can, hes still trying to stop. He used the rest of his momentum to shot strait to the other entrance to said field, almost not making, while we continued to "play".

God I wish he would have gotten stuck it would have made for a good picture. So as we got out to take this picture my older one Heather says "I think he didnt want to play" I am now in the snow laughing like a retarded seal.

IMG_20121225_161901_zpsad01743e.jpg

Yup thats a mountain. Yup thats snow. Yup thats my car. Did I make it to the mountain? nope. But I sure tried.

IMG_20121226_092106_zpsc5e24fa4.jpg

The wife said "go get some snow shovels" me "fuck yes I will" took 1 1/2 hours to get snow shovels

20121231_163757_zps243fce4d.jpg

Just a good picture. The wife wanted me to pull over so she could take some pictures of the mountains. She didnt realize that if you go down you have to go back up, Down was uneventful, up was a different story.

20121231_170136_zpsfad5fd8d.jpg

The wife loves taking pictures of the "Scooper" thats what she likes calling it.

IMG_20130101_194820_zps7eaac331.jpg

First Mod of the New Year. Plasti Dip worked as advertised the first of many uses I will put it to. Goal will be to Plasti Dip my car camo green. Didnt do a write up for this, there is plenty of info on the web to do this. Difficulty out of 10 would be 2 if you can us a spray can and tape you can do this. Here the You Tube link that made this all possible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchIWF8Vi2Y

Some Snow play pics. Just got 4" in 1 hour could not let it go to wast.

"Ok Priv't you stand here facing this way, do not turn around and when you see my car come by take a picture! You got me"

"Got it Sargent"

IMG_20130110_155335_zpsdd9ece37.jpg

I got to give it to the FNG he did not flinch.