Will's 2004 silver STi

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thats awesome (on several levels)!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow I'm glade we haven't seen any of that white shit in my area yet... I'm sure God is just waiting for the most inopportune moment when we all have our guards down and then... Wham! A shit full of hurt :lol:

Looks like your having fun. :tup:

heroinmike

sickness bro! it was supposed to snow here yesterday....needless to say...it was a no go...but i see your doin work in that snow lol ....balls of steel for the privet though, those tracks are mad close to the photographer!!!!!

Holycrapitsfast tune in the bag now The MODS be flowing!!!

Whiteline steering rack bushings
Kartboy Rear subframe lockdown bolts
Group N engine mounts
Group N transmission mount
Beat rush pitching stopper mount
Super Pro transmission crossmenber bushings
Hella supertones
JDM rear diffuser and mount
TIC pivot bushings
Tein hood damper kit
SS clutch line
SS brake lines
Moroso oil pickup tube

Now I just need to go get them :tard:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Don't forget the ALK (anti lift kit). A must have if your doing other suspension/chassis bits.

First off thank you Spamby!!! I must have missed the ALK when putting together my list of shit to get done.

This weekend I got all of this installed

ALK
Diff outrigger bushings
Diff lockdown bolts / on lockdown bitch
Group N transmission mount
Group N engine mounts
Steering rack bushings / when removed there where spots that had worn all the way through the stock bushing
Positive shift kit
SS clutch line / flushed and topped off with dot 4
Pitch stop mount / I now hate my starter
and the last bushing in my shifter was changed over to a solid bushing / Note to anyone thing of doing their shifter bushings just change them all and be done with it.

To be installed
SS brake lines/flushed and topped off with dot 4
oil pickup tube

Well first off I have had gummy worms that were harder then some of these bushings. Everything that I installed this weekend has had a big improvement on everything, braking, acceleration, turning, shifting and most important sound and vibration. I can now FEEL and HEAR what my car is doing, the feed back is now where I want it (the Wife even said it sounds like a race car now). All and all this was a very good all around improvement of the car for $1000

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Sounds like you were a busy man! Why do you hate your starter now?

Vermont and I did a write-up of the oil pickup install, with lots of pics, in the how-to section!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Did you use the how-to for the pickup? Any issues?

How about the brake lines, im about to do those front and rear....

Sorry I didn't see you posted. I have no idea how to follow a post so that I know when to look at it.

Your How-To helped I changed it around a little, I did the unsafe method of beating on the oil pan with a rubber mallet, three taps and it was off. I modified the baffle inside the oil pan so with the transmission cross member removed I could get the oil pan on and off. The how-to was a good read and starting point.

Brake lines are strait forward replacement they were not hard at all. Make sure you have a friend to help with the bleeding. The best mod I have done so far is the SS clutch line It firmed up the clutch ALOT!!!!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
At the top of this thread select "Thread Tools" then "Subscribe to this thread" and then change the notification type in the drop down menu to whatever suits you. I think one of the options is daily email updates (it only emails you daily IF there's a post in here)

Washed, clay bared, and waxed!!! Fucking ready for summer.

Caps from NAPA and 6 coats of black plasti dip for anyone that wants to know

Debadged and removed all the STi stickers from the foglight covers and doors.

You havent seen nothing yet Ill get some pics and video of Speed Week here at the Bonneville Salt Flats, its starting this weekend. Your mind will be blown!!!

I had the DCCD in auto that time - Auto favors the rear right up to the point of braking traction then it will start to sent the power forward.

I have been reserching the center diff on the 04 and have found some interesting info: it is completely electronic (using magnets to control the slip) and if I were to use the emergency brake it disengage the center diff so as not to damage the drivetrain. I still dont feel like trying that one out.

The best way I have found to begin a slide is to just engage the clutch and slam the brakes on at the same time then use the clutch and gas to control.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You havent seen nothing yet Ill get some pics and video of Speed Week here at the Bonneville Salt Flats, its starting this weekend. Your mind will be blown!!!

I had the DCCD in auto that time - Auto favors the rear right up to the point of braking traction then it will start to sent the power forward.

I have been reserching the center diff on the 04 and have found some interesting info: it is completely electronic (using magnets to control the slip) and if I were to use the emergency brake it disengage the center diff so as not to damage the drivetrain. I still dont feel like trying that one out.

The best way I have found to begin a slide is to just engage the clutch and slam the brakes on at the same time then use the clutch and gas to control.

I await for vids and pics! When I go cruise, sometimes I put it in free lock. I haven't been able to play around like you have, so I can't really tell a difference since I can't properly test it out. As for the handbrake disengagement, I can confirm it works as it should! At night time, I don't press the brake if I have to slow down because my radar locator/detector goes off since my tail lights will light up everything behind me. I use the handbrake gradually to slow down and you feel/hear it disengaging. I'm not sure if that's recommended or safe or not, but I can vouch it works from personal experience! :lol:

I was contemplating setting up a drift stick (to use the brembos instead of the parking brakes) in the car and wiring it up to the emergency break switch so that every time it is used it disengages the center diff. I have read the tech manual over and over and it even states it in the owners manual but knowing me the first time I yank on it my transmission will fall out. I might have to put this one in the noob section or FAQ.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I was contemplating setting up a drift stick (to use the brembos instead of the parking brakes) in the car and wiring it up to the emergency break switch so that every time it is used it disengages the center diff. I have read the tech manual over and over and it even states it in the owners manual but knowing me the first time I yank on it my transmission will fall out. I might have to put this one in the noob section or FAQ.

Looking forward to reading!