Winter tires

boxtwo

I researched these for my parent's AWD G35. They bought them and LOVE them. They live in MA and have had a chance to drive in some snow and they say they are the best tires they have used in that weather.

I drove it with ECDWS's and I thought the feel was excellent, handling was great, and minimal road noise.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
If I take off my summer performance tires for some "winter tires" I'mma get some snow tires. It's gotten pretty bad here and my truck with all seasons slides like crazy! Granted it's only 2wd FTL!!

If I take off my summer performance tires for some "winter tires" I'mma get some snow tires. It's gotten pretty bad here and my truck with all seasons slides like crazy! Granted it's only 2wd FTL!!

Snow tires are a complete waste on our cars IMO. They are more expensive and wear out 10X faster than all seasons and offer just a smidge more snow grip. Then when you're rolling on dry pavement you're really paying the price by having extremley dimished performance.

icudruln

Snow tires are a complete waste on our cars IMO. They are more expensive and wear out 10X faster than all seasons and offer just a smidge more snow grip. Then when you're rolling on dry pavement you're really paying the price by having extremley dimished performance.

This is what I recommend to 90% of people with AWD/4WD. Unless you live where you get snow non stop (i.e. mountains), or are up where there's always heavy snow, stick with an All Season. FWIW, I've had plenty of people with performance oriented cars love the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 and Pilot Alpin series from Michelin. Me....I rock summer tires on the STi in winter :D

I tried rocking my summer tires and this past snow almost killed me lol. I should have known since I have no issues getting the car sideways on damp pavement let alone snow packed. That is why I bit the bullet and got the all season for winter. The tires have not dissapointed at all in harsh conditions but I still can't wait to get some good summer tires back on when the weather warms up.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I was just thinking if you were going to put your summer tires back on then why not?
This is what I recommend to 90% of people with AWD/4WD. Unless you live where you get snow non stop (i.e. mountains), or are up where there's always heavy snow, stick with an All Season. FWIW, I've had plenty of people with performance oriented cars love the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 and Pilot Alpin series from Michelin. Me....I rock summer tires on the STi in winter :D
Understandable I guess. It snowed quite a bit here but has warmed up a tad (~40*) so the snow is melting though I'm sure there's plenty more to come.
Are you going to continue to run these after the winter?

My sti should arrive here around the end of March (haven't shipped yet) so I wont have to worry about winter tires this year.

I was just thinking if you were going to put your summer tires back on then why not?

Understandable I guess. It snowed quite a bit here but has warmed up a tad (~40*) so the snow is melting though I'm sure there's plenty more to come.

Are you going to continue to run these after the winter?

My sti should arrive here around the end of March (haven't shipped yet) so I wont have to worry about winter tires this year.

I'm not going to continue to run them after winter but I will run them next fall through winter again. I highly doubt Blizzaks will last me 2 winters since snow doesn't stay on the ground very long here and snow tires wear fast on dry pavement. These all seasons should last me multiple winters whether I'm running them on snow or dry pavement.