08 DCCD problem HELP!

11bnuffy

- Traction control light is on and on orange
- DCCD is blinking in fully locked mode
- hill assist light is on and saying its not working.
- TMPS light is on.

I was told it could be my "wheel/steering angle sensor". How do I figure out what the hell is wrong with my car?
The TMPS light has been on before (psi is always correct, maybe broken senor) and never had the first 3 problems I stated. Ive searched and searched but cant seem to find someone that had the same problem. Can someone please point me in the right direction with advice or some kind of link that will help. Its much appreciated.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We need Fuji to answer this.

11bnuffy

Yes, they always turn on when my car starts up. But when i have it turned to the "3" position (where everything is on but the engine) I can work the DCCD normally and the hill assist light and traction light is still on orange. I was told it could be that my axle shaft or something like that could be inserted wrong. Or the wheel angle sensor is broken.

This is what I found on another forum: Can this possibly be what can fix my car? And will be expensive to have the mechanic fix?

Update: Fixed ... it was the input shaft... I guess when I put the coupler back in it was totally off.
The mechanic told me that the steering sensor senses your steering wheel is turned... but you are going straight so it confused the **** out of it. Anyways he fixed it by straightening the wheel via the input shaft.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Glad you got it figured out. :tup:

11bnuffy

Its not figure out yet LOL, I found that on another forum. Im taking it in tomorrow to a non subaru dealership and see if they can help me fix the problem.