"That Guy"

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Hey everyone, I will hopefully soon be "that guy", you know....the one who was crazy enough to drive 5 hours to buy "Holy's" car. My name is Tyler and I live in PA. If all works out well when I go to see the car, I have big plans for it. You guys all seem to think George is a good guy, so I hope everything goes smoothly and if so I will plan to be on here often.

I use to own a 2000 mustang gt and was a regular contributer on a couple of mustang sites. I am always open to questions, eventhough I am new...I am no noob :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First off :welcome: to the team.

Second George is s great guy, but I call him Holy, lol.

Third where in PA you live?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I am between York and G-burg. I'm not sure where BUtler is in relation to that. All I know is I am like 5 hours from East Islip, NY...:roll:

O...and thanks for the quick welcome!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I am between York and G-burg. I'm not sure where BUtler is in relation to that. All I know is I am like 5 hours from East Islip, NY...:roll:

O...and thanks for the quick welcome!

Your about 4 hours from me. I have family in Elizabeth town.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep, but all of them are now over. We got next year. :)

Eagleye

Tinkerer
It's just getting nice out, cmon! haha. No that's cool, I'll look forward to next year though.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It's just getting nice out, cmon! haha. No that's cool, I'll look forward to next year though.

We will have some fun. :rockon:

You need to check out our memberships. Sponsor is the way to go. :)

jswansti

Welcome aboard!! Lots of knowledge on this site and tons of friendly help. Cant wait to see what you got planned for the car.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You will fit right in Tyler! I'm super happy to have you here... I can keep a close eye on my car HaHa!

JK!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I know you're getting one hell of a deal with what George has put into that car. Get her put back together right and tuned by someone great and she will be a monster.

Yeah, you have no idea how many different options are running wild in my head right now. To an outsider it probably looks like a zoo with the monkeys running the show.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah, you have no idea how many different options are running wild in my head right now. To an outsider it probably looks like a zoo with the monkeys running the show.

:rofl:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

Kinda like IWISTi LOL... Oh did I say that out loud... Damn it yes I did!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I can say that with a few pieces for the engine rebuild and maybe something radical like an AWIC setup she would be stupid. Depends on how much you want to spend, because a good extra like 3-4 grand on top of what I just listed would just be disgusting power wise!

That would be a sweet set-up, you dont see many STis running them. I will probably keep it the way it is for now. I want to get any bugs worked out and then go from there. I kind of like not having a plan though, it will keep it interesting. I should have a little bit of money to work with when it is all said and done, so it won't be long before you see the thread....

"So...what do you guys think I should do?"

I am sure we can get just a little bit of discussion going...everyone loves to spend other peoples' money haha.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just one word of advice tune wise... I didn't quite get a chance to finish tuning it on E85. It is about 95% completed. It just needs the top end of the maf scaled better for WOT. Other wise you have two maps for the setup it has now. There is one for Gasoline which is pretty much set in stone and one for E85 which needs the upper end of the MAF tweaked.

The Gasoline tune is pretty conservative and will net you about 380 at the wheels. The E85 tune will yield you up words of 500whp or close to it.

Both tunes are calibrated meticulously for drivability so I focused first on that which is why I didn't get to all of the WOT range of the E85 tune.

When the time comes for you to tune I will offer my services to you for free if you would like to try it and learn something in the process. If you do decide to go with a pro tuner in your area then I recommend he start with my tunes and tweak them to his liking from there. I spent a lot of time to get them right especially the E85 tune... It is set up well for cold weather starting and drivability.

Oh... also replace the pickup tube with a stock unit preferably one from an 04 STi... Ask Reks how I know LOL.