What is the purpose of....

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
changing clusters?

GaugeCluster_zps65392a4b.jpg

This is the JDM STi (some year prior to V7 I believe?) cluster. It looks frickin' sick. It's also for sale right now for just $150. The JDM ones that redline at 8 (V7 and V8) go for over $300...... Why do people swap clusters? Also would this even fit the GD models? Looks nasty, cheap.. could either use or resell for a profit.

So..... now tell me what the purpose of swapping clusters is and what the cons of doing so are....

Your mileage would be off the second you remove the factory cluster....so wtf is the purpose!?!?!?!?!?! :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Just looks as far as I know. Some assholes swap in a different cluster with lower miles before they sell the car.
Personally, I don't understand it...and I don't care for the look. It just seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Furthermore...I know it's a very slim chance...but the cluster is engineered and tested, to withstand electromagnetic
fields that will be encountered in JDM market locations AND not interfere with electronics on the Asian market. Different
frequencies are used in almost all 'intentional transmitters' such as radars, radio transceivers, etc. in Asia versus the US,
and the same holds true for other electronics. So like I said, the possibility is very slim that you were to have an issue
with a JDM cluster, the possibility is still there.