Power steering reservoir clog

Slacker

2004 STI Power steering reservoir clog. any way to change that filter out in there or am i just stuck paying 115 from the dealer on this one. Maybe there is a after market that i am missing for cheaper?

Thanks guys/Gals

Slacker

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
2004 STI Power steering reservoir clog. any way to change that filter out in there or am i just stuck paying 115 from the dealer on this one. Maybe there is a after market that i am missing for cheaper?

Thanks guys/Gals

Slacker

What piece are you talking about specifically. I took a look at the service manual and I don't see any filters. What makes you feel the reservoir is clogged?

Slacker

I am referring to the white reservoir on the left hand side of the motor babe for the power steering it actually does have a filter in the bottom of that unit that information came from Subaru itself to me

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh gotcha... Is there any way of unclogging it yourself? Remove it and run some carb cleaner through it maybe... They do sell aftermarket reservoirs but they are generally more expensive than the dealer unit. :tup:

Slacker

Yeah the dealer wants $150 for it I haven't been able to find a linker anything to an aftermarket parts except for a babe used 35 bucks but I don't want to run into the same problem

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
To be honest with you if this is clogging that might indicate another problem. It is rare for this to clog like that :tup: Maybe there is excess moister in the fluid or seals are breaking down.

I would clean out the old unit and replace the fluid as a start.

Slacker

I have replaced the rack,pump and flushed the lines. Should be clean fluid. My buddy and I burped the system and he was holding the reservoir and moving it about and was able to obtain full power steering qhen it was tilted