Bad weather driving

Alter3go

Has anyone taken advantage of the bad weather and made videos of them driving their shloobie? If so post a video!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are you referring to donuts? :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
i took some dash-cam video of me doing donuts in a macy's parkinglot. Unfortunately, the dash cam makes it look like i'm just doing slow circles, you can't really tell the yaw of the car. It was boring for even me to watch, and i was there.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:rofl:

Third person is best!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I haven't taken any videos yet, but I should. There's just too much traffic on most occasions to do anything fun. It has
been terrible weather lately, and it's made things quite interesting. I've NEVER had the DCCD in LOCK this often, ever....period.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I haven't taken any videos yet, but I should. There's just too much traffic on most occasions to do anything fun. It has
been terrible weather lately, and it's made things quite interesting. I've NEVER had the DCCD in LOCK this often, ever....period.

Lock eh? Tell me more about it cause ive only use it once to get myself unstuck!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah, LOCK. In good weather, I keep it in Auto or if I go into manual, I keep the indicator at the bottom green led or one above that.
I've got great snow tires and even then, I've got the DCCD wheel set to the highest yellow led before lock and set to Auto. That way, when it gets pretty bad, I can switch to manual and already be in a tight setting. If I need more traction, I just bump the wheel forward into LOCK. It's so slippery out there that even in LOCK, going straight, ~35-40mph, I can put my foot down and all four tires spin.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I thought it says not to go more than 20 mph in the manual in lock mode. :(

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Does it? I haven't noticed anything adverse. Traction is basically ZERO when I'm in LOCK. Honestly, I wouldn't screw with it otherwise.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah. I cant look at the moment but if you get a chance link that page on here. I remember the speed limit whilst on lock

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up! I can't really look right now either, I'm sitting up in the rafters at work, disconnecting 120VAC lines. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up! I can't really look right now either, I'm sitting up in the rafters at work, disconnecting 120VAC lines. :lol:

Off tasking like you shouldnt!
That makes two of us!

:rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It happens. :cool: It's tight quarters up there, it gets tiring while working in a confined space.....I needed a break.
Forget the snickers...all I need is IGOTASTI.COM. :subaru:

Alter3go

I had no idea there was a speed limit on LOCK I have driven highway speeds with that on like a BOSS. Actually I'm not sure that possibly damaging my car is a "like a BOSS" type thing to do.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Someone post the pic of the info on the dccd lock info page from the manual please

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well shit, i forgot to mess with the DCCD setting when drifting, so it was probably fighting me the whole time!

Video:

I think i have a few more minutes of the left handed circles, but its gets pretty boring!

Bang876

This is the only one I could find. It was back when I had my 05 STi and decided to take the Subie out to one of the many dirt roads and fields on Fort Lewis. I had fun but was going slow and taking it easy because there was a ton of potholes and it was super wet out. Enjoy :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn... I dont think i could ever do that in my car. It looks fun... But the uneven terrain and like you said, potholes...

Snow in an even parking lot is fine and ive played plenty of times. But its feels eerie in an open field like that!

Maybe thats just me! :lol:

Is it difficult to clean the mud off?