Army talk

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So I was told yesterday I'm going to the promotion board for E6/Staff Sergeant. The mach board is tomorrow and the actual battalion promotion board is on the 2nd. I'm the ncoic for a detail tomorrow and my 1sg said they'll have a seperate board just for me if I don't make it back in time :) I think I'll come back late so I have the weekend to study for it lol

Paul.c

Good luck with the board. We will totally understand if you aren't on the forums this weekend. Think about all the mods you could buy with the extra pay!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
as sad as it is, im addicted to the damn computer and i hate it. i have my laptop hooked up to my 46'' lcd through hdmi as my 2nd montor right now lol and i'm studying on the couch. 2 days isn't enough time for me to be stellar. i would be ready for the 2nd though. i've been trained to kill and lead in combat for the last 4 years. this garrison shit is what's going to eat me alive. i mean, im not an idiot but certain scenarios you can only do from what youve learned off of power point. combat scenarios....thats from experience.

Paul.c

as sad as it is, im addicted to the damn computer and i hate it. i have my laptop hooked up to my 46'' lcd through hdmi as my 2nd montor right now lol and i'm studying on the couch. 2 days isn't enough time for me to be stellar. i would be ready for the 2nd though. i've been trained to kill and lead in combat for the last 4 years. this garrison shit is what's going to eat me alive. i mean, im not an idiot but certain scenarios you can only do from what youve learned off of power point. combat scenarios....thats from experience.
I know what you mean. When I was in Iraq we did half garrison, half combat ops. Going from one to the other sucks.

T

Tarmac_GR_STI

Good luck!

Not in the Army... but... I was just selected for SSgt, I'll be getting pinned mid next year!

C

CygnusPerformance

Good luck mang! I'm not in the Army, but I'm putting on E-7 in a month or two! I'm stuck in tech school right now and I'm glad I don't have to play the "games" all over again!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
yamaha and tarmac...yall in the air force? what do yall call army guys? marines = jar heads, air force = the chair force, navy = semen/squids....

C

CygnusPerformance

Yes, I am in the Air Force. I call them.... "Army". I have all four services in my office and we all sit in the same chairs. ;)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Yes, I am in the Air Force. I call them.... "Army". I have all four services in my office and we all sit in the same chairs. ;)
lol ok. i asked a marine that one time and he said they call us "soldiers" as a slur. that's funny about the chairs. i could see that as one of those motivational posters.... talk a pic of all the different services sitting in chairs in one pic, have the air force guy standing or "working" with somthing. "IT'S AIR FORCE, WHO SAID IT WAS THE CHAIR FORCE?" or something to along those lines lol

T

Tarmac_GR_STI

I'm definitely a Marine :gangsta:

Other branches/ civilians just call us jarheads because of the traditional high-in-tight or high-reg. That and also from wearing our dress uniform cover, which leaves a ring around the top of our head... hey, the price you gotta pay to look good :cool: That is where it originates from.

Army guys are just called Soldiers. I don't see a reason in having some sort of "slang" term.

G

Other branches/ civilians just call us jarheads because of the traditional high-in-tight or high-reg. That and also from wearing our dress uniform cover, which leaves a ring around the top of our head... hey, the price you gotta pay to look good :cool: That is where it originates from.

Army guys are just called Soldiers. I don't see a reason in having some sort of "slang" term.

My best friend is in town right now on pre-deployment. He's in Recon. I have a huge respect for what you guys do. :)

Paul.c

Marines have the best uniforms, hands down. Wish I would have gone marines.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
[quote="Tarmac_GR_STI":a6d0nfis]I'm definitely a Marine :gangsta:

My best friend is in town right now on pre-deployment. He's in Recon. I have a huge respect for what you guys do. :)[/quote:a6d0nfis]
RECON LEADS THE WAY!! I'm in the chemical corp but I have 2 extra chemical recon skill identifiers under my belt. That's what I did in Iraq too. I actually got to do my job a couple times finding amonium nitrate (150 50gal drums), potassium cyanide. shit like that. I'm not just the average guy that issues gas masks lol I can detect, sample and package up stuff, work the systems we have in our recon M93 fox reconnaisance vehicle too :D You ever seen that movie with Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman...Outbreak? I get to wear those level A suits (the blue ones with the huge window for your face. Wearing oxygen tanks and masks inside the suit, orange moon boots lol It can be a pain but it's almost a challenge so it's fun to me.

I hate the greens we have. They're moving into ASU's which are like our blues but I'm not forking out $350 for a new uniform until I'm told I HAVE to which will still be bs. If the Army says I need to have it, they need to issue it. Plain and simple. I had an nco in Korea that refused to get a cell phone cuz of that lol

T

Tarmac_GR_STI

Let's just say I'm in middle east and there are only a small team of us for the job ;) nearest Marines are either a few 100 miles away or off shore.

C

CygnusPerformance

I come from an Air Force family (both mom and dad). Here are a couple shots of him working.

I took this one right before he blasted down the runway.
310th0032.jpg

He's second from the left (notice the logo) in this fly-by.
dad%20over%20indy.jpg