Hello

Jaycutta

Hey everyone, I am the new owner of a 2015 WRX STI Launch Edition. It is actually my 3rd Subi. I have owned 2 Legacy's prior, 1 wagon and 1 sedan. Happy to be here!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=6881]Jaycutta[/MENTION] welcome friend.

Thanks for taking the time to join us.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the rides, new and old!! How do you like the STi in comparison to the previous cars?

Jaycutta

I love it,it is far more sporty than the wagon.... That's for sure! Lol
1e1b8861256080a6419f37adc3fb58b5.jpg
b5f390ca0ca5b9e10a1e565a6e8c829b.jpg

Jaycutta

I'm looking at the Cobb stage 1+ upgrades but nothing too big for now. Does anyone know how the Accessport changes the ability to use the control in the center for intelligent, sport and sport sharp or will I only be able to use the Accessport to make adjustments to the ECU?

Jaycutta

If Amazon don't fail me, I should have interior lights, shift knob and Perrin engine covers this weekend

oburgslim

Welcome to the group!
I've had a few subies before picking up my 17 STI.
My list
Two 02 wrx's
00 2.5rs
06 STI (still have)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm looking at the Cobb stage 1+ upgrades but nothing too big for now. Does anyone know how the Accessport changes the ability to use the control in the center for intelligent, sport and sport sharp or will I only be able to use the Accessport to make adjustments to the ECU?

I don't fully understand your question about the 3 driving modes. So, an Off The Shelf map through the AccessPort will change the map on your ECU. Based on the map you choose, the ECU will know in which mode you are. Whether that is Intelligent, Sport, or Sport Sharp. The map changes depending on which mode you're currently driving in. An example would be: 1) Intelligent mode peak boost is 14 PSI and lazy throttle for fuel economy; 2) Sport Sharp mode with 19 PSI peak boost and very touchy throttle for faster acceleration.

From what I've seen, if you're in Intelligent mode and need to pass a car up, with literally the touch of a button (or tilting of the knob to Sport Sharp), you can change the parameters in an instant on the fly and do your passing. I don't know if it's the same or if it's been vastly improved from 2008 when it was first implemented, but these new cars seem to be capable of it.

I hope this answers your questions. Let us know if you have any others! :tup:

Jaycutta

I'm sorry for the confusion. My question is if you can use the OEM ECU SI Drive controls in conjunction with the Cobb for on the fly power adjustments?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm sorry for the confusion. My question is if you can use the OEM ECU SI Drive controls in conjunction with the Cobb for on the fly power adjustments?

The answer is yes. Like I mentioned in the example above:

Whether that is Intelligent, Sport, or Sport Sharp. The parameters change depending on which mode you're currently driving in. An example would be: 1) Intelligent mode peak boost is 14 PSI and lazy throttle for fuel economy; 2) Sport Sharp mode with 19 PSI peak boost and very touchy throttle for faster acceleration.

If you're in Intelligent mode and need to pass a car up, with literally the touch of a button (or tilting of the knob to Sport Sharp), you can change the parameters in an instant on the fly and do your passing.