Just Joined the Subie Fam

hi guys I just purchased my 1st Subaru WRX STi. So im new to this car and all the goodies. Will need all the pointers I can get on upgrades and performance parts, wheels, etc. Thanks :tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=3572]iBoostSTI[/MENTION].

You've come to the right place. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! What year sti did you get? And get us some pics!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ahhh he has an 05 wrb!!! :tup: def post those pics up. Did it come with any mods when you bought it? [MENTION=3572]iBoostSTI[/MENTION]

ZachTTLM

Yes we need to see those pics also it would help us to know your general goal for the car to provide the pointers you are looking for, be we are always here to help :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

There are quite a few stickies out there to get you pointed in the right direction, and caught up. But personalized recommendations are always best, so start a journal, post some pics, and let us know what your goals are!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Welcome to one of the best car forums on the net. Trust me when I say that, as I've been on quite a few. We'd love to see some pictures when you get a chance!

thanks everyone I will get some pics up after shes had her 1st handwash wanna make sure shes up to par. im really just in aww over this car I am in love and don't know what direction I want to go yet, but I will be sure to keep everyone updated. and this is also my 1st time digging in this deep into a forum lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome. Glad youre here. First time on a forum and youre on igotasti. Fantastic news for you because this is literally the best forum i have ever come across. I spend all day every day on it cause its so amazing. Make sure you do your research and ask questions as far as the car goes. Ive made some mistakes in the past regarding the car and mods since i didnt have the knowledge, done the research, and sure as hell didnt have this forum for advice. Do it right the first time and youll have an amazing experience with your sti and the subaru community!!!! :bigtup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
3 posts and you already went Platinum? Awesome!!! I see you're in Cleveland, TN.....Im just a hop skip and a jump away in Alpharetta, GA. We'll have to meet up sometime. Also, if you're on Facebook, there's a group called East Tennessee Subaru Enthusiasts.....Good group!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
^ All great advice! As to mods, you can never go wrong with sway bars. Personally, I think sway bars should be paired with new sway bar mounts and urethane bushings (to get the best performance and longevity), but that's not completely necessary. I firmly believe sway bars are one of the best, first mods you can do, besides an AP and a turboback exhaust.
Don't overlook good tires. Your choice of rubber can make a world of difference.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^ All great advice! As to mods, you can never go wrong with sway bars. Personally, I think sway bars should be paired with new sway bar mounts and urethane bushings (to get the best performance and longevity), but that's not completely necessary. I firmly believe sway bars are one of the best, first mods you can do, besides an AP and a turboback exhaust.
Don't overlook good tires. Your choice of rubber can make a world of difference.

This inspires me to make a sticky. :tup: Stay tuned...