SUBARU?S 2016 WRX WILL REPORTEDLY INHERIT SLEEK, MUSCULAR LINES FROM 2013 CONCEPT!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
It?s safe to say that 2015 Subaru WRX has gone over quite well. Between its all-wheel-drive handling, streamlined look, and all-new, 265-horsepower Boxer four-cylinder, there isn?t a lot to dislike about Suby?s latest rally car.

Despite its reception, some were disappointed that the new car didn?t have the aggressive, sleek look of the positively gorgeous WRX concept that was unveiled at the 2013 New York Auto Show. The current car is without a doubt pretty, but it was disappointing to see that the concept?s low, sleek roofline and bulky rear fenders were left on the cutting room floor.

Luckily for us, the new Impreza and WRX could inherit to concepts sultry looks when it?s released in 2016.

As detailed in a Motoring report, Subaru?s chief designer, Mamoru Ishii, promises ?the lauded concept?s sporty, aggressive stance will indeed reach production and is due to appear on the all-new Impreza due in 2016, and the WRX that will follow.?

?We are planning to give the lower section below the hip line a wider, more substantial stance and narrow up the roof section,? he continued.

WRX Project General Manager, Masuo Takatsu, blamed the 2015 car?s comparatively conservative look on the scarcity of engineering resources during the vehicle?s design, as well safety requirements and ?other outside forces.?

?We had to comply with regulations, livability, and practicality, and that?s the reason it deviated so much from the concept car,? he said.

But, like Ishii, Takatsu expects the next WRX to look closer to the 2013 concept that caused heavy breathing among auto enthusiasts everywhere.

If we?re to hold Ishii and Takatsu to their word, the 2016 Impreza and WRX could be the prettiest variants since the bug-eyed and blob-eyed models of the early 2000?s, if not the prettiest ever.

With the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO going by the wayside soon, the scintillatingly styled WRX and STI may finally be the undisputed kings of the rallysport four-banger squad. At least until the new Mazdaspeed 3 comes out.

attachment.php

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Too many cars. Dont know what to choose anymore! :tard:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
It's time to bring back the two door! Make a 2 and four door option!!! 2 for those who want more of the 22B STi and the four door for people who need four doors! That'd be my project car in a heart beat!!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why can't they bring back the 22B?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Why can't they bring back the 22B?

Government regulation. Currently, about 21-23% of the cost of a brand new car can be attributed to government compliance. Over the next 3 years, we can expect that number to jump to 25%. For example, cars built now and over the next few years will have to comply with a new regulation meant to reduce the number of deaths that occur from a vehicle striking a pedestrian. The underside of the hood MUST have a minimum gap of 3" between itself and the top of the engine. NTSB and NHTSA have completed studies which conclude that most pedestrian accident deaths occur when the person's head strikes the hood. The hood doesn't crumple down very well and absorb the impact because it strikes the engine. Hence the requirement for the 3" gap. Raising the hood alone forces design engineers to compensate alllll over the car. Ever wonder why so many cars are boxy looking today? Sit so damn high? Etc..etc..etc. There's one reason.

CAFE standards are really something else too...especially when trying to meet safety regulations. Many cars have become a lot heavier than in the 90's for example. Yet at the same time, weight is a contributing factor in fuel efficiency. Some of what I've been seeing is very worrisome. One example is how many cars have good frontal and side crash test ratings, but fair poorly in off set crashes. Why is this? ---> Engineers are trying to meet front and side crash test ratings while also reducing structural support in other parts of the car to reduce weight....and meet the CAFE standards.

It's insanity...

Last edited:

Komuso

This will truly upset quite a few fans who bought the 15 already... If there is a new body style next year after I bought a 15 STi I will not be happy for sure but such is life I guess.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sadly there is a lot more along those lines that I could have mentioned and even more I could research.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Post it here please

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
SUBARU?S 2016 WRX WILL REPORTEDLY INHERIT SLEEK, MUSCULAR LINES FROM 2013 CON...

^ Read up.

Ninja edit :lol:

Listen, someone copy that and make a sticky and properly list the source as well. That is phenomenal information for new beginners and probably some more seasoned owners as well. :bigtup:

Also it brings me to question. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] why do you want wot from 2500 rpm? I felt that was way too early when doing the runs. Prior to finding igotasti, i would always get up to at least 3k rpm
Before punching it. And even at that. I slowly press the throttle in until wot. By the time the pedal is wot, im hovering right at 4000 rpm. Maybe thats why my car survived the early abuse before i was educated by the thread! :tup:

-another thing. I need to look into an aos...