I am relatively new to the Subaru scene, I've had my 2012 STI for just a little over 2 years now.
When I got the car, I immediately did the most Subaru thing & put a full turbo-back exhaust on & the COBB SF cold air intake. Until recently, I've done a fair amount of overboosting due to the catless downpipe & have hit 102% Injection Duty Cycle & about 27 PSI on a stock block and pump gas. I know, extremely bad. Whatcha gonna do about it, it's already too late.
Anyways, I wanted to get my car into a healthier state, so I went ahead and ordered a bunch of parts and reached out to a local tuner & got the sign off on all the parts. The only thing is, I got 2 months to install all the parts & I do NOT know anything about engine modifications, or any of the parts I will be installing. So I am turning to the Subaru community to give me pointers, things to look out for, if I run into something, some good tips and tricks to get a grasp of what's really gonna happen.
My current modlist that I ordered;
- Getadom Cylinder 4 Cooling Mod
- PTP Turbo Blanket
- IAG Street Series Air Oil Separator
- Aeromotive A1000 Adjustable Fuel Regulator
- COBB Tuning EBCS 1/4 inch EWG Fitting Kit
- GrimmSpeed Subaru VF Series Turbo Wastegate Bracket
- COBB Flex Fuel Package
- DW300C Series Fuel Pump
- GrimmSpeed 38mm V-Band EWG Uppipe Kit
- IAG Braided Fuel Line & Fitting Kit
- IAG Black CNC Top Feed TGV Housing
- IAG V3 Top Feed Fuel Rails
- Koyo Radiator Hyper V-Series
Ultimately looking for the best routes of doing the modifications. I am open to any suggestions, please anything is helpful! I have some mechanical knowledge, but I'm really looking to learn on this build. Thank you!