Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Frankenstein's Creation, brought to you by Hawkeye ; )

1. Top Of Page | #141

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CRZTRBO View Post
    PM Reks!
    Thanks, I did. Hopefully he has something. I messaged a place out west that has one online for sale for $130 with a warranty. So we'll see if i get a response from that as well. Hopefully something will work out quickly.

2. Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #142

User Info Menu

Have you concidered replacing that oil line with a stainless line? I was going to do that before the engine took a shit on me but I never got around to it.

My journal

Tuning & Service: Self Tuned
    Machining services: Bob @ Ace Crankshaft, Bayshore NY, Ralph @ Chudnow Manufacturing

4. Top Of Page | #143

User Info Menu

That would be ideal, but unfortunately I just have to go with this for now, so hopefully no issues for a while. This summer I may tear back into it when it gets a front mount.
    I just ordered a power steering pump. Thankfully I didnt have to buy new, but I will have to wait 3-6 days...fuk me

5. Top Of Page | #144

User Info Menu

Re: Frankenstein's Creation, brought to you by Hawkeye ; )

Bringing back this build thread from the dead to say...

Sorry for being one of this forums biggest pains in the ass back in 2011/2012. For those who don’t know, I sadly sold the Hawkeye to pay for college not long after getting all the gremlins fixed. It was a fun and nerve racking journey. 6 years later and I am back and will be starting a new journal for my soon to be delivered 2015 galaxy blue STi limited. I’ve grown up a lot and hope to contribute and enjoy this forum again. Thanks to all those who helped in the past, especially George.

/end thread

6. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #145

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye View Post
    Bringing back this build thread from the dead to say...

Sorry for being one of this forums biggest pains in the ass back in 2011/2012. For those who don’t know, I sadly sold the Hawkeye to pay for college not long after getting all the gremlins fixed. It was a fun and nerve racking journey. 6 years later and I am back and will be starting a new journal for my soon to be delivered 2015 galaxy blue STi limited. I’ve grown up a lot and hope to contribute and enjoy this forum again. Thanks to all those who helped in the past, especially George.

/end thread
    Welcome back friend.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

8. Top Of Page | #146
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Hawkeye's 06 STI Rebuild

Oh, shit! I joined up right after you left in 2012. Crazy how 6 years has already passed! Didn't know that you purchased Bob back in the day!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

9. Top Of Page | #147

User Info Menu

Re: Hawkeye's 06 STI Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Oh, shit! I joined up right after you left in 2012. Crazy how 6 years has already passed! Didn't know that you purchased Bob back in the day!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was fresh out of college with little money and George really helped me through a lot of issues I had getting the car back to a good place (I was always being a pain in the ass back then, any little thing I heard I thought the car was blowing up, and panicking about it, etc etc)

Once it was running well, I listed it and sold it to pay off some of my college tuition. I tried to find the car recently but couldn't. So now I'm going to be back in an STi as of this weekend with a new to me 15 limited.

10. Thanks Alin, HolyCrapItsFast thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, HolyCrapItsFast liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #148

User Info Menu

I miss Bob!

My journal

Tuning & Service: Self Tuned
    Machining services: Bob @ Ace Crankshaft, Bayshore NY, Ralph @ Chudnow Manufacturing

12. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415