Thanks Thanks:  161
Likes Likes:  254
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

1. Top Of Page | #261

User Info Menu

Re: Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    I'm seeing a tire! Is your passenger fender liner removed at the moment?
    Correct makes it easier to pull/install o2 sensor on headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock on

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #262

User Info Menu

Minor update from work today

Rock on

4. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #263

User Info Menu

Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

ok now that I am on computer let me update y'all....

First of all she is running registered, insured and back on the road again. Long trail to get here but couldn't be happier now that she is alive again. Current miles on new motor is 65.4 as of coming back from lunch today... ... when I first put motor back in car was running like crap.. Back fires, would not go above 1500 rpm, air all over the place, and def not drivable. Took some time to hunt down the issues. First issue was two intake bolts were not seated all the way down upon closer inspection found the threads in the head to no be perfect. So got to work and drilled out the threads and helicoiled them. While I was at it I swapped back in the stock tgv's and injectors because the ones I had had a few small pin holes causing issues. Guess its time to save ups and get some new IAG TGV deletes. after all that the battery that had been sitting for two years decided to take a dump on me. Easy enough fix one new battery latter air was a lot better but still wouldn't go past 1500 rpm and was still backfiring. Fired up the laptop and started looking at the live data while at idle and came across this picture.

you should of seen my eyes when I seen this I was like WTF, and imeadieatly msged @HolyCrapItsFast for advice, on if this was even possible. Thankfully he confirmed that it was not and at most it was only able to advance 40*. However, while waiting for him to get back I I found that one AVCS was weeping oil near the electronics part..

So replaced both AVCS because if one fails other is not far behind. While I was at it I replaced both cam sensors and now she runs like a chap. Drove here to work today with no issues and plan to start data logging tonight.

So glad to have this awesome but some times pain in the ass car back on the road again..

Rock on

6. Thanks Alin, Eagleye thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Eagleye liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #264

User Info Menu

Awesome! If it's not a pain in the ass, you didnt earn it...so, you earned it!

Check out my journal here!

8. Thanks Raven32 thanked for this post
    Likes Raven32 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #265

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Awesome! If it's not a pain in the ass, you didnt earn it...so, you earned it!

You are correct. The most rewarding things in life are often the biggest pains in the ass..

Rock on

10. Top Of Page | #266

User Info Menu

Just a few pics while I wait for her to warm up.

Rock on

11. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage, Eagleye liked this post
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627