GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I will certainly let you know when we're ready :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We own a shop, lol. My Dad has been a tech for 35 years Fuji. We work on all types and models. The picture I took of my new wheels is in front of the one garage doors at our shop. :) My Dad has over $1,000,000 in Snap-on tools! His tool bill a month is $1500, lol. I have lots of cool toys down at the shop.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I wish... WISH i had my own shop. Hell I'd be happy with occasional access to a shop.

If I ever win the lottery I'm gona open up a shop dedicated to IGOTASTi members only. Plus a few choice friends. It will be complete with an AWD Dyno!

Currently I'm relegated to the driveway.:(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's why I simply do nothing during the winter months. No matter how bad the car is or how much it needs repair I just drive it around till spring and then go hog wild. :lol:

EviljokerSTi

Hey George Its Devin

The Car is looking amazing! Sorry to here about the motor. I'm sure the new one is gonna be insane like the rest of the car. I think the color scheme should be all chrome!! everything!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Devinnnn!!!

Whats up brother.

I here you got some stuff going on with your car as well. You should start a journal in the member's garage.

Yeah. Yet again I had to throw something together this time and now my car sounds like a diesel. I have yet another block that I sent out to have sleeved and matched to the pistons. Come spring time I will be putting in a proper motor. For now it's just "get me from point A to B" without any drama.

Have you read through and seen my plans for turbo? What do you think?

Last edited:

EviljokerSTi

yeah i did start one i'm waiting for mod approval so i can finish it up. and add more pics.

but yeah i read through and if you want big power in stock location i would go with a FP red but the Dom2xt is a good choice its all a matter of preference really, me personally i would go with the Red just Bc it spools like a green and makes power like a 35R.

but yeah i have a couple of things going on right now. but until the frozen hell we live in subsides the car is just sitting in the garage paitently waiting.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was looking at the red. I just don't know if I want something that big though. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going with just yet though. Spools like a green hmmm! I'll have to look at that again.

I hear you on the frozen hell. :tdown:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's impressive!

I think I would go for the red. The green is just a tiny bit smaller than what I need for my application.

joey.lisano

The green is just a tiny bit smaller than what I need for my application.
The HTA Green flows 56 lb/min, whereas the old Green only flowed 49 lb/min. I think it's my favorite stock location turbo. I liked the 7cm^2 hotside for the blend of spool and power, but I'm sure you'd want the 3" inlet and 8cm^2 turbine housing. I don't think FP has made any in awhile, but I think vendors might have a few laying around. The Red flows 65 lb/min, and I know Boris was trying to find one for the longest time. Maybe they're all gone; maybe he couldn't find the specs he wanted.

EviljokerSTi

I have the original green with the 8cm^2 hotside and 3" inlet. I've had since i bought it new 3 years ago and i've been tuned back to back with my friends HTA green with nearly the same setup i have except he was using an EBC and i use an MBC, and the HTA holds boost about 300RPM's longer than mine. By this summer i'll be running a Red. ImportImageracing has them in stock and so does JSCspeed i'm pretty sure. I wish FP would release the FP black for the Subaru. John @ akuma has one on his EVoX and the fuckn thing builds boost so fast its near instantanious. and makes over 500 easy. George did you look into the ATP's yet, supposedly there 30R's make awesome power like 450plus and with a solid curve.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I did but the price is scaring me.

I have the original green with the 8cm^2 hotside and 3" inlet. I've had since i bought it new 3 years ago and i've been tuned back to back with my friends HTA green with nearly the same setup i have except he was using an EBC and i use an MBC, and the HTA holds boost about 300RPM's longer than mine. By this summer i'll be running a Red. ImportImageracing has them in stock and so does JSCspeed i'm pretty sure. I wish FP would release the FP black for the Subaru. John @ akuma has one on his EVoX and the fuckn thing builds boost so fast its near instantanious. and makes over 500 easy. George did you look into the ATP's yet, supposedly there 30R's make awesome power like 450plus and with a solid curve.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
LOL.

I already dipped into the 401K for this last bit. You make a very good point in that I have spent so much money up to this point. I could tell you the well has run dry and I have to be prudent now. :|

really george? the price is scaring you!? you've gone through how many motors and you are hesitant on paying 1700 for a turbo? lol just dip into that 401K lmao!

EviljokerSTi

I have to put in for my vacation for this year, they let me pick how much money i want taken out of my Vacation holiday plan so i'm just gonna takeout the make around the same time i get my tax return back so i can build my motor finally.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds like a plan. Are you buying a pre built block or are you doing one yourself?