What motor oil is the best?

06STI360

i use mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic in my subi and change it every 3k miles. are you able to just switch to something else? i think i wanna try RedLine now lol.

You can switch whenever you want! IMO Redline is a little overkill for DD duties, if your not burning any oil with the M1 then I wouldn't worry about it. I ran M1 in my old STI for over 50K and never had any problems. CRZTRBO I would worry more about what viscosity to use rather than brand, since you should change your oil before and after a auto-x day anyways I can't imagine any oil hurting anything in that short amount of time. I would deffinitely switch to a 5-40 or 10-40 for the day. Also, I would also get a oversized(higher cap.) oil filter if you don't already do so.

subi<3babe

i think i like the idea of redline as well lol. nope, i do not burn any oil nor do i leak any. i just like changing it often because i like new :)

06STI360

i think i like the idea of redline as well lol. nope, i do not burn any oil nor do i leak any. i just like changing it often because i like new :)

Fresh oil is always a good idea, if your looking for a better oil thats readily available you could try out Shell Rotella or German Castrol. Shell can be found at WalMart and most auto parts places have GC. If you want Redline you would need to go to their website and search for a distributor near you.

FasT STi

Shell Rotella T6 5w40 like Jared said you can buy at walmart. (good oil i have a lot of friends using it with built motors)

AMSOIL is good/pricey but good oil.

rotella ftw, if your a baller motul you can wear that shyte like cologne... lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fast STi you can say Shit, lol! We are all adults here! I have been reading that T6 is a oil for trucks. Am I correct in saying that?

Fast STi you can say Shit, lol! We are all adults here! I have been reading that T6 is a oil for trucks. Am I correct in saying that?

They're marketed towards vehicles that get abused and used which translates to trucks. :lol:

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework...lla-en/html/iwgen/products/products_home.html

Don't get caught up on stupid shit like that though. Its simply marketing. If it were marketed towards high performance cars it wouldnt be $20 a gallon. So I am happy its not.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OK now is 5w40 kinda thick? Why not 10w30? I only want the best! MONEY IS NO ISSUE WHEN IT COMES TO THE STi. ONLY THE BEST WILL DO!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Is that a group 3 or 4? It's not a full 100% synthetic is what I'm reading or am I wrong?

FasT STi

OK now is 5w40 kinda thick? Why not 10w30? I only want the best! MONEY IS NO ISSUE WHEN IT COMES TO THE STi. ONLY THE BEST WILL DO!

LIC Motorsport recommends 10w30 i read it in facebook lol

my advice if money is not a problem amsoil/motul.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Factory filter from SOA. It's the blue filter and I'm running Castrol GTX 10w30 right now and have been from new. It's coming up to 9000 miles and wanna change oil to something better!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What do you recommend then?

06STI360

I use the oversized Purolator Pure One filters(part# PL14610)or PL14612 for stock size. For 7 bucks you cant beat them, they sell them at most autoparts store. There was a thread about filters on iwsti and they cut a bunch of them open, this one came in second behind the old Subaru(black) filters. Its about 3/4 inch longer than the stock ones but clears the stock under tray(in the GR anyways).