What motor oil is the best?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks for the info and you get 10 points for saying IW, LOL! :rofl:

PS: You now have to become a premium member or I will spam you lol! :lol:

06STI360

Haha I didn't know if that was forbidden or not..so I just went for it lol. Im waiting for Toyota to send me mah bonus and I will go premium, all my monies has been tied up killing this damn mod bug lol.

Those filters have a cool rough surface on the outside too, makes them easy as pie to get off.

Paul.c

I recently went to NAPA to pick up my oil changing supplies, little did I know that the napa gold super duper premium filters are WICs brand filters. Alot of people I know swear by the WICs filters so I am trying those out now. I think that I am going to swithch to the Shell rotella oil though for my next change.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Haha I didn't know if that was forbidden or not..so I just went for it lol. Im waiting for Toyota to send me mah bonus and I will go premium, all my monies has been tied up killing this damn mod bug lol.

Those filters have a cool rough surface on the outside too, makes them easy as pie to get off.

No worries here I'm involved with the community and I got booted off IW for saying IGOTASTi, lol. So a few of us did our own site for us all. So enjoy! What did I say IW, I got just got 10 POINTS! :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OK so I have been doing some research and what I'm hearing is T6 is not a true synthetic like redline and the rest of them. It's a type 3 oil and type 4 is true synthetic. Anyone wanna clear this oil thing up for me before I lose my mind, lol!

FasT STi

Dude oil is oil lol. My advice again from a subie tech i change oils on subarus for living people don't have issues at all with shell T6 . But again if you don't think is good enough for your motor then get AMSOIL or MOTUL.

and one more thing shell T6 is a dark ass oil lol compared to AMSOIL and some other oils.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Fast STi what do you run in your STi and what filter you use?

FasT STi

I run Shell T6 5w40 with the oem subaru oil filter. When am done with my new built motor am changing to AMSOIL.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks Fast for the info! It's good to have a subbie tech on board!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

06STI360

Wow those are some impressive #'s, flashpoints are crazy high aren't they? I suppose since my STI is a jet I should really be using jet engine oil :rofl:.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah from what I have read redline and amsoil are the 2 best oils in the market right now. I'm either going with redline or amsoil for my STi.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes you did! That stuff is ranked very high!

06STI360

Has anyone tried or had expreience with Eneos? I've heard good things about it and it is relatively inexpensive but I haven't spoken with anyone with first hand experience. They sell it at my work and its about ~7 bucks a quart.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I knew heard of it. I will have to google it and see what they say about it and get back to you.

berdugo

I have very high respect for Amsoil and Motul.

However I find Motul a bit too expensive for me and personally I believe in Amsoil more. I'm using Amsoil SAE 60, I really don't care about the W rating since it's always hot in here, no winter, and most probably no winter here in my lifetime.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm going with Amsoil and gonna become a dealer at my garage. They got some good stuff!

Bluedemon_II

I wonder If using a ticker wight like 20w50 would be bad on a built engine. I'm using Rotella t6 and i'm burning a bit of oil. Going to see what are my options for oil weights and brands over here and check back.