02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! We love pictures, don't we [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] ?!?!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! We love pictures, don't we [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] ?!?!
Yes sir! ?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Anything specific? Exterior is pretty low key. Engine bay is a mess but it works. First order of business when I finish school in the spring is tidy up the engine bay. Then probably move on to a fresh bumper that doesn't look like it's falling off all the time haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called a sleeper. The worse it looks the better right? I mean look at farmtruck from street outlaws...

SudoSTI

The CEL for my speed sensor wasn't turning itself off so I reset my ECU this morning to see if it would stay off. It did! I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere with this POS now. Next up, try and scrounge my pennies together for an SXE 257.

Also adding another thing to my list. The cold starts when I warm up my car for work are getting louder now that it's autumn and will only get worse as winter comes. Apparently it shakes the house and wakes people up. That's being in the driveway and not even in the garage. I'm trying to figure out how to quiet down my car without sacrificing performance. Does anyone have suggestions on a catback that's a true 3" all the way through or have any other suggestions on ways to quiet down the setup? I'm not opposed to having to modify where it meets the downpipe if it's a catback that tapers to fit the stock downpipe. I'm really interested in the HKS Super Turbo Muffler but availability seems a bit tough outside of Japan which equates to $$$. From what I can tell, switching to EL headers would help a lot at idle and low loads volume wise. I was planning on doing that anyway but if I do it I'll only go for the best and get a Killer B Holy Header. But the header alone is $1250 so that's certainly out of budget for the immediate future.

The CEL for my speed sensor wasn't turning itself off so I reset my ECU this morning to see if it would stay off. It did! I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere with this POS now. Next up, try and scrounge my pennies together for an SXE 257.

Also adding another thing to my list. The cold starts when I warm up my car for work are getting louder now that it's autumn and will only get worse as winter comes. Apparently it shakes the house and wakes people up. That's being in the driveway and not even in the garage. I'm trying to figure out how to quiet down my car without sacrificing performance. Does anyone have suggestions on a catback that's a true 3" all the way through or have any other suggestions on ways to quiet down the setup? I'm not opposed to having to modify where it meets the downpipe if it's a catback that tapers to fit the stock downpipe. I'm really interested in the HKS Super Turbo Muffler but availability seems a bit tough outside of Japan which equates to $$$. From what I can tell, switching to EL headers would help a lot at idle and low loads volume wise. I was planning on doing that anyway but if I do it I'll only go for the best and get a Killer B Holy Header. But the header alone is $1250 so that's certainly out of budget for the immediate future.

I'm always concerned about noise level as well and is why I have a high flowing cat in my down pipe but still would rather be catless. I hope my cat doesn't hurt performance too much but I figure it's worth not getting noise tickets.

If it was more readily available I'd let you try my Perrin dual tube cat back out since I want to say it's more quiet then most others but it would be a waste of your time since they aren't available and I'm keeping mine.

That's the exhaust I'm talking about by the way pics aren't mine.
a971a24a5de7a9b25c6a4800afa62a03.jpg

5304cdeb3d766d0daf519288dc7ec6ce.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

07240092917612542ac7274d6c335733.jpg

Inlet Diameter: 3.00"
Outlet Diameter: 3.00"*
Resonator Size: 5.00" Round Body*
Overall Length: 18"

Maybe try to fit one if these vibrant resonator on there but might be too round since it's 5" circumference but it's a true 3 inch resonator.

SudoSTI

My exhaust has one resonator. Think I might need a less free flowing or a second muffler. :/

SudoSTI

Loud. It's not loud to me. Just people sleeping while I warm up a bit before work at 5am haha. I actually would like to add a high quality, high flow cat to my downpipe at some point.

Loud. It's not loud to me. Just people sleeping while I warm up a bit before work at 5am haha. I actually would like to add a high quality, high flow cat to my downpipe at some point.

Noise is the main reason I'm keeping my catted down pipe since the exhaust I have won't allow me to install a resonator due to it being the dual 2.25" piping from the dp to muffler.

I did a bit if researching on the silencer inserts but am not sure if they even help that much but it could be an easy option for you.

SudoSTI

Don't they only make the silencer tips for the JDM melon shooters? (HKS, etc)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's like a butt plug for your exhaust! :rofl:

SudoSTI

Car overheated on my way home tonight. Pretty sure I just need to redo the overflow. From what I can tell it's so restrictive that it can't let excess coolant out quickly enough so it over pressurizes the hose and spits it into the engine bay and just can't draw it back into the system when needed. I'm also toying with the idea of pulling my engine, replacing all easily accessible oil seals, and cleaning all the sludge from the crossmember/engine bay to start with an almost clean slate. I'm taking the last week of the year off so as long as I can find a hoist to borrow and a propane space heater for my garage I'll likely do that.

Car overheated on my way home tonight. Pretty sure I just need to redo the overflow. From what I can tell it's so restrictive that it can't let excess coolant out quickly enough so it over pressurizes the hose and spits it into the engine bay and just can't draw it back into the system when needed. I'm also toying with the idea of pulling my engine, replacing all easily accessible oil seals, and cleaning all the sludge from the crossmember/engine bay to start with an almost clean slate. I'm taking the last week of the year off so as long as I can find a hoist to borrow and a propane space heater for my garage I'll likely do that.

We want pic's or you will be know as the sludge engine bay owner...lol...j/k

SudoSTI

I will own that title 100% haha. My engine bay is a mess. I want to pull the engine to clean the whole sumbitch anyway. And rerun some hoses/wires to tidy it up as well.

I will own that title 100% haha. My engine bay is a mess. I want to pull the engine to clean the whole sumbitch anyway. And rerun some hoses/wires to tidy it up as well.

I did a lot of this when i did my engine as well. took forever to clean... how ever this stuff helped out a lot

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aiken-Pu...50001&wl11=online&wl12=16778257&wl13=&veh=sem

Just don't let it sit on any aluminum or paint surfaces too long. Spray with purple power then spray down with hose or pressure washer. Stuff is like magic.