Elevation: ~500'

Year/Model: 06 STI
EMS: Cobb Access Port V2
Short Block: Mahle 100mm pistons, Pauter rods, oem bearings, ARP headstuds
Heads: BC Springs, Kelford 199-B 264/264 cams, oem valves, NO pnp
Turbo: HTA gt3076r 1.06a/r
Intercooler: Perrin FMIC
Meth Kit: n/a
Injectors/Fuel: T1 Racing topfeed conversion kit, ID 1000's, Walbro fp, 93oct/VP MS109 fuels
Intake/Inlet: KSTech 83mm cai
Headers: Full Race twinscroll el (heat wrapped), 2 x 38mm EWG's dumped to atmosphere
Uppipe: Full Race twinscroll (wrapped)
Downpipe: Full Race 3'' catted (wrapped)
CBE: Custom 3'' to Magnaflow muffler
Clutch: ACT hd clutch kit
Flywheel: ACT lightweight
Other Power Mods: KSTech tgv delete (NO pnp), NGK 1-step colder plugs, Cobb lightweight crank pulley, GrimmSpeed 3-port ebcs

24and28psi.jpg

My 3 pump gas tunes:
all3.jpg

Last edited:

gerwulf

Nice numbers, congrats. has this car been to a dragstrip on this set up? If so, what has been your best time so far?

Paul.c

Unfortunately this car is located in TX and the owner is in Germany. It truly is the saddest story of our time :( Here are some pre balls out build time slips.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Nice numbers, congrats. has this car been to a dragstrip on this set up? If so, what has been your best time so far?
Is the Mark I raced in Springfield? Stg 2 06 grey sti with blue wheels?
Unfortunately this car is located in TX and the owner is in Germany. It truly is the saddest story of our time :( Here are some pre balls out build time slips.

The car was picked up yesterday by my mom. She said it felt like a v8 as there was NO lag and it RIPPED...on the 15psi map lol Traffic was dense so no 4th gear pulls. She said she'll get some videos soon.

No times yet with this turbo + motor. Stock motor I was running 12.20 @ 115. I was only able to get to the track twice though with that setup so I felt like I could have still shaved the times down. This setup should hit low 11's maybe high 10's on MS109; high 11's on 93.

gerwulf

That's the Mark, Tim!

Yep, I am THE Mark! Lol, I don't know if you heard Tim, but mine is down and going through a rebuild. I have a set of 272/274 cams, going to have the heads worked and a ATP3076R. So after I get the money together for a built short block I will get her put back together and to the dragstrip.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Yep, I am THE Mark! Lol, I don't know if you heard Tim, but mine is down and going through a rebuild. I have a set of 272/274 cams, going to have the heads worked and a ATP3076R. So after I get the money together for a built short block I will get her put back together and to the dragstrip.
Good stuff man. Wait, you started the teardown without the funds for the REbuild?
Nice numbers..the only thing keeping you from 10's now is your tranny..unfortunately I'm in the same boat :(
Ya, my mom talked to Kevin @ Cobb about some SST coilovers I was inquiring about when he said I was a fool to even consider them before getting a new clutch. He said the ACT HD clutch that's in there now WILL NOT last long at all. I've been looking at similar power setups and have been trying to see which clutch they're using. I've found a couple 500ish whp's that are using ACT's 6-puck unsprung. Kevin reccommended going with a twin-disk....that are $2-2.5k. Carbonetics or Exedy. I keep forgetting about the damn clutch. Not to mention the little things I'll need to get fixed before I can get the car over here, like my windshield that has a crack going all across it. :/

Bluedemon_II

How did you install the bosch 040 pump? Did you get any codes from the stock fuel pump controller? How much head rom do you think is left with that pump? Mounting issues? I Still don't know if yo go with dual walbros or one bosch pump.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Unfortunately I didn't install that part, Cobb did as part of the motor build so I have no idea.

gerwulf

yeah well the piston going down means that the car is sitting in the backyard till i have the funds for the build. I have $900 towards it lol

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
yeah well the piston going down means that the car is sitting in the backyard till i have the funds for the build. I have $900 towards it lol

Damn bro that sucks!! It always seems to happen to people when they least expect it. I'm surprised my stock motor was still in good condition when Cobb did their teardown. I need $2k for a new clutch, at least waiting for my current clutch to let go. The car will be worthless if the clutch is poop. I probably won't hard launch it until I HAVE a new clutch in my possession.

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Ya, I wanted small cams to push the powerband to the left, which they did by 1000rpm! I didn't want 272's to push peak tq to around 5k and peak hp 7k, spinning the motor to 7500-8000. Sure it's cool and all but not what I was looking for. I love my powerband as a whole. I won't need to worry about spinning a bearing or having a head failure due to high revving also. I wasn't out there for "big numbers". I wanted a big powerband and smaller cams seem to fit my needs.