06 STI suspension

Piper86

Hi all,

I bought my car with a maxtrac coilover suspension installed by the previous owner. Due to being introduced to the car with this setup I cant really compare it to another. I've asked for the original struts and suspension however the original shocks are leaking and the springs are no longer with him.
I was thinking of getting a set of eibach springs for the original setup however the stock shocks are extremely expensive., is there an alternative brand that can be used other that the stock Bilstein shocks?
what setups do you guys find good on the cars?

What method should be used to set up the coil over suspension for optimal ride stability?

The car is used for daily travel and fun now and again.

Another point on the suspension is that the drop links at the rear were bent a bit and are stiffening the rear a bit more, should i be concerned with getting them replaced? If and when I do replace them, should i stick with stock or what is recommended as an upgrade?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Its been a while since i researched the stock suspension, so some of the details may be off a bit.

Springs are...whatever. They're all close to the same rate. A lot of people go with RaceComp Engineering (RCE) as they have a set with a mild drop, and a set with stock height.

I know there are places the rebuild the oem struts (shocks), but I mostly hear about rebuilding for ride not because they're blown. I assume they can work with blown ones as well. Feal is the company you generally hear about.

There are lots of other options. If your coilovers are too stiff, you can get softer springs. Then there's setting them up. The real answer is, just keep messing with settings and keep notes.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I know lots of people love coilovers, but personally I prefer RCE springs (either Blacks or Yellows) and Tokico D-Spec adjustable gas shocks.