07 STI Limited owner new to Fort Bragg

C NO EVO

I would not mind getting vinyl, every time I see a car with it I think it's almost the sexiest thing on the road

Z1107

I think it would be worth it in the long run. I spoke to another shop and they said its cheaper if you add graphics, I informed him my car is not a prop from the fast and the furious. But the vinyl look is pretty sexy.

C NO EVO

Love the flat black vinyl, I was thinking about it on multiple levels, one of which paint protection to some extend... Anyone have information about that and how long the vinyl lasts?

Z1107

From what I was told they last anywhere from 3 to 8 yrs depending on which grade of vinyl you choose.

Vermont

Due to some strife here in the Bragg/Fayetteville Subie community and due to outstanding issues with Epic (previously supported them myself, not anymore, but still friends with a couple of the Epic guys), I would not recommend them at this time. Between, myself, Steve (frankensubie), Gino, Edwin and Jon, we can do pretty much anything you want to your car via Spec Ops.

Issue I had: Jap @ Epic installed my 20G and conveniently left the UP-Turbo gasket off, leading to a massive exhaust leak and me wondering why my car felt so down on power for a 20G until the teardown of my motor. Their quality/personnel aren't what they used to be, which resulted in the rift that has come between some of us. Whatever you do, DO NOT ORDER FROM IMPORT IMAGE EITHER!!!

I will be located in the Northern VA area come next week as well man. I final out this Friday. Just wanted to add to NOT ORDER FROM IMPORT IMAGE!!!! I purchased a tial 38mm EWG set up from them. They couldn't tell me what spring weights the kit came with. They couldn't explain the how the springs worked together. Then when I asked them what the spring pressure was in the waste gate. He say "It should be 1 bar, I think" then when I asked for a way to contact Tial. They just gave me the e-mail from the web site and hung up.....

On the other hand. When I called Jordan@defined about the whole issue, he had the number to Tial's tech line in my inbox in 10min...... I didn't even order the kit from him and he helped me. He also price matched all four corners of Hawk HP's for me then dropped the price lower than the one I had. Also the guys at Spec Ops are awesome as well man. Ex-mil and all cool. I have been PM'ing them for a little while here and those guys know what they are talking about.

Edit: Dude you need to make a video of that open DP. I just wanna know how it sounds.

C NO EVO

I'll try and upload one to Facebook, I'm currently at an exhaust shop getting a custom straight pipe put on I'll make a video of that too :)

Undecisive

Ex mil means you've been dishonorably discharged. Some are former mil and some are still in. I should know since I used to work with one of the owners. I've had issues with IMPORT IMAGE also, late late shipments on parts. But They are just a wholesale distributor. They aren't knowledgeable about cars tech wise since they are just the middle man between parts wholesaler and the customer with some added mark up. I'll never order from them again based on the sole fact it took so long to ship out my parts.

Vermont

Ex mil means you've been dishonorably discharged. Some are former mil and some are still in. I should know since I used to work with one of the owners. I've had issues with IMPORT IMAGE also, late late shipments on parts. But They are just a wholesale distributor. They aren't knowledgeable about cars tech wise since they are just the middle man between parts wholesaler and the customer with some added mark up. I'll never order from them again based on the sole fact it took so long to ship out my parts.

My bad over that man. Didn't mean to insult them. Allways thought ex-mil just meant you were in. Dident know it meant DD.

Vermont

frankensubie

did the terminology change? I'm ex military...and i have an HD...hmmmm

gerwulf

Man, sounds like there are a lot of Subies running around the Frt Bragg Fayetteville area. Almost makes me wish I was back in the military. There are a few Subies here, but few of them ever want to get to know other Subie drivers and there is only 2 STIs racing here in my neck o' the woods.