100k tune

Cfed88

100k tune up

So my car is going to hit 100k around springtime. Is there anything I should mainly look into replacing for a tune up? Thanks.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would replace the timing belt, plugs, clean the injectors and flush the rad out. Anyone else think of anything else?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you haven't already, I would also change out your diff and break fluids.

icudruln

Have you replaced the headgaskets? Replace with OEM, and the maintenance others have listed above.

Are you on the OEM fuel pump and filter? I'd replace both with a walbro pump and OE fuel filter.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Why a new tensioner?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The tensioner has a sealed roller bearing and after about 70-100K miles the seal can begin to fail and the bearing dries out. The thing is, you never know when it's gonna go and when it does it could have catastrophic results. Usually it doesn't need to be replace at that moment but since your in there doing a timing belt you might as well replace all the other moving parts just to insure that you will remain trouble free in the future.

IMO It's better to replace all the timing components for around $380 plus labor rather than risk spending 10 times that if it breaks and causes other problems.

Why a new tensioner?

icudruln

The tensioner has a sealed roller bearing and after about 70-100K miles the seal can begin to fail and the bearing dries out. The thing is, you never know when it's gonna go and when it does it could have catastrophic results. Usually it doesn't need to be replace at that moment but since your in there doing a timing belt you might as well replace all the other moving parts just to insure that you will remain trouble free in the future.

IMO It's better to replace all the timing components for around $380 plus labor rather than risk spending 10 times that if it breaks and causes other problems.

Agreed. A failed tensioner = no bueno.