2015 STi test drive impressions

I test drove the new STi Monday evening. a friend at my local friendly dealership told me it came in. The one the dealership had was a WRB STI limited. I must say it was a very nice vehicle and I was impressed. In short I liked it. I thought I would share some of my impressions:

• It handled the curves on the cloverleafs very well with not much body roll at all. I had it a 60 on the runs in 3rd and had more i could have put into it, but it was not my car. I got to feel what I wanted to though.
  • I was most impressed with the wide field of vision the driver has in the cabin. All around you have an excellent view of the road, and a nice view of sideways glances before changing lanes.
  • I liked the large mirrors too. I know some people have said they don't. they gave me a wide field of vision; you can see more before changing lanes.
  • I also noticed the sound dampening for the cabin is way better than in mine. The 2015 was much quieter on the highway than my 06.
  • The H-K radio sounded clear and crisp with enough bass to make me happy. If it was my vehicle I see no reason to change out the system unless you are a system lover.
  • The digital information display screen in the center of the dash is just cool. Enough said. I could see it clearly and it was bright sunny outside.
  • The power mode setting on the center console: It is nice and I like the feature, we hit the button to power mode climbing a hill and it was night and day, but I would have put the controls on the steering wheel since they seem like something the sport driver would use often. I say the same about the DCCD on mine, it would be nice if the switch wasn't where it was IMHO.
  • It gets up to 80 in 3rd with no problem.
  • Where the clutch pedal engages is to high, but that is just my opinion. It would take some getting used to for me or an adjustment.
  • The seats were very nice and I liked the overall quality of the trim. It looked to be put together very well on the inside.
  • Trunk looked to be bigger. If you haul people around frequently, there is more back seat foot room for the rear passengers. The back of the front seats are not in their face.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great review.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
06 to 15 is a huge difference if theyre saying the 14 compared to the 15 is a big difference. We won't even go to 04 compared to 15 because it's eons apart. :lol: Thanks for sharing with us!

How does the car feel in terms of size compared to yours? It seems like the cars have been getting bigger over the years.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The 04 STi is raw. Only way to describe it.

How does the car feel in terms of size compared to yours? It seems like the cars have been getting bigger over the years.

It does feel a little bigger to me. Maybe 10% longer and 5% wider for some reason.
I think some of it is the way the cabin is built to make it seem bigger on the inside. It has more leg room in the rear than my 06 that is for sure.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
^ Very true and there is very little sound dampening. I hear EVERYTHING. :lol:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Thanks for the review! I've been waiting for Stivers Sub in Decatur, GA to obtain one so I can do the same. I'm hoping in a couple years I'll be able to obtain one........ Well, I can dream about having 2 STi's, can't I? I digress. Every time I get a chance, I check Stivers to see if they have it. I can't wait to experience it!

inferno19d

There is no lumbar support for any seat in the 2015; even with the driver seat being all power (which is a big complaint for me).
This is a great review and you hit all the key spots that I have seen with my car.

quality_sound

There is no lumbar support for any seat in the 2015; even with the driver seat being all power (which is a big complaint for me).
This is a great review and you hit all the key spots that I have seen with my car.

Dammit. I finally figured out that it's not a lack of lumbar in my 2014, but rather that the lumbar is too high. It hits the wrong part of my back. Oh well, I'll just have to sell it and go back to so,etching German.

inferno19d

Dammit. I finally figured out that it's not a lack of lumbar in my 2014, but rather that the lumbar is too high. It hits the wrong part of my back. Oh well, I'll just have to sell it and go back to so,etching German.

That could be 100% true, it always feels to me that I don't have any support. I absolutely hate the full electric seats in the 2015s. It is a waste and makes it to where the seat will not drop that far, unlike the 09 and 11's where I could lower the seat a good chunk.