30r E85 ID1000's ?????

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Allow me to throw a wrench into the mix here. :lol:

The spray pattern is a product of medium, fuel pressure and IPW plus the mechanical properties of the nozzle. Duty cycle is merely the time in which the injector is firing during the intake stroke. Meaning if your IDC is 50%, the injector begins to fire at the top of the intake stroke and stops firing when the piston reaches half way down the cylinder. For 100% it fires through the entire stroke. And for 110% it is firing for the entire intake stroke and 10% of the compression stroke.

This is why it is important to keep your IDC well below 100%. Anything greater than 100% and it is not doing anything useful because when the compression stroke begins the intake valve is closing. If the injector is still firing it will simply fire on a closed valve and fuel will pool up in the bowl. When the valve opens again you stand the risk of dumping unatomized fuel into the cylinder. This can cause wash to occur and cause premature ware on the rings and pistons.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes. Though I was thinking the max effective range was 100 percent but ideally you want to tune for around 80-90% to give you that room to play. If you tune today for 80-90% then tomorrow when things change, you will still be well within tolerance. I do take the stance that tunning much beyond 85% is not prudent but I have gone as high as 95% and seen no I'll effects. On the other hand, last summer I ran my injectors to the max at around 110% and noticed a significant increase in poor performance, and AFR's were leaner than usual.

That's why I challenged S**gle Racing on IWIST when he suggested it was okay to run your injectors to 110-115% IDC and that the OP did not have to change his injectors. I thought that was absurd.

Ha, he said "premature"... Ok there my Beavis and Butthead moment for the day.

So if what you saying is true then were on the same page. Around 80% is the going to be the Max/best range to fire. Its not maxings the entire usefulness of the injector or its max firing range, anything over rthat and you run into having unatomized fuel flying around.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I found this after doing some research. Looks like I need a new pump and fpr.

I'm going to be running a walbro 255lph and stock fpr 43.5psi....

If your only intending on running an 18g you will have quite a bit of injectors left over on e85 with a mild tune and you'll be at around 80-85% IDC with a very very aggressive tune..

The only problem a person is going to run into, a walbro 255 is only truthfully good up to 1150cc injectors on a subi...

Raising the pressure will take it down even more because of rising rate.

So if you intend on going 30r+ you will need an A1000 to feed these some high pressure....

None the less I would say these + Walbro 255 and fuel pressure regulator are good for 450 on E85... not good enough lol

And quite a bit more on pump....

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Ya reading further into the thread I read someone was going with their Walbro to a mini surge tank to a Bosch 044 inline. Why is this shit soooo complicated?!??

On another note, I just pm'd Tony from T1 Racing to see if other topfeed injectors will fit into the topfeed conversion rails.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Here is a pic I found that explains everything :D
final_pre-build_fuel_system_design.png

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
What did they say? I have 1200cc INjs for my P&L conversion kit but I would like 1600-2000cc's.

Never got a reply back. I still wish Cobb would have gotten the ID2000's like what I had in my wishlist. They didn't realize I wanted to run e85 but when I asked why they went with ID1000's they said it's not practical...why not?? Other tuners have gotten 2000's to idle just fine on 93oct!! Sure it might take alot of work...just stop being lazy :/ Since I didn't have a current tune on e85, I guess they figured I was only going to run 93 and MS109 (whereever the fuck I can get that.)