5X100 to 5X114.3 Conversion

icudruln

As many of you know, lots of people with 2004 STI's want to do the hub conversion from the standard 5X100 hub assembly (5X114.3 started with the 2005 model year STI). Ultimately, I am one of those people, and want to do this conversion the right way. I do not want to use some sort of adapter kit that cuts corners. I want this done the right way the first time. What all will be needed for this conversion?

As far as I know and have found, this is what's needed:
4x 5x114.3Hubs
4x 5x114.3 Knuckles/housings
2x Spaces for ABS Tone Ring
4x Spring/Strut or Coilovers (for clearance of hubs)
4x Rotors (5x114.3 pattern)
4x Wheels (5x114.3 pattern)
2x Press in Hubs (for rear hubs)
2x bearing sets (for rear hubs)

Optional:
ARP Extended Wheel Studs
New Lug Nuts

Last edited:

icudruln

Hmmmm....I've looked around online, and it appears 6 Gun Racing doesn't exist anymore. :unsure: I also found online that the 6 Gun kit doesn't allow for a wider wheel? Essentially you get the stronger hubs/bearings with their kit. Any pics of your setup Rek?

How do you determine if it is the 6mm or 8mm spacer as listed on LiC's site? Oh and I've completed the conversion with, 6Gun adapters and Nismo lug studs on my '04. Subaru should have done this for us in '04, just sayin. Since they did not, it is one of the best conversions one can make in my humble opinion especially if you track the car.

Last edited:

STimedic

Also, the rear strut collars are the same width/bolt pattern amongst the GD chassis, it was only the 05-07 STi's that came with the beefier upright on the front knuckles.

STimedic

Your mom has a beefier upright.....

But seriously, the rear struts on the GD chassis are all the same width, I tested that fact when doing my swap.

Also, the rear strut collars are the same width/bolt pattern amongst the GD chassis, it was only the 05-07 STi's that came with the beefier upright on the front knuckles.

Meaning for the uniformed, you can change theknuckle/hub on the fronts and hub only the rears, resulting in substantial cost savings. Big plus!

And that is good information on the spacer width (6mm WRX/8mm STi) as LiC tells you to measure and that results in double labor!!!!

Last edited:

icudruln

Meaning for the uniformed, you can change theknuckle/hub on the fronts and hub only the rears, resulting in substantial cost savings. Big plus!

And that is good information on the spacer width (6mm WRX/8mm STi) as LiC tells you to measure and that results in double labor!!!!

Awesome info! I'll be doing a bit more research on this swap.