ACT Clutch and Flywheel

Bang876

Was running the stock clutch for 60k miles at 330whp and 378tq before it finally died. Im sure if I hadn't lunched the car so often it might have lasted a little more but I was expecting it to give out. I contacted my go to guy Jordan at @Defined Performance for my needs. I have been going through Jordan for over three years now and two Subaru build. Anyhow I decided to take some pics of the installed and give you my impression of the ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch and the ACT Street Light Flywheel. I had my local shop Pacific Import Auto hook me up with the installed.

Got the parts now heading to the shop

Out come the transmission

Out with the OLD!

In with the NEW!

I have since put about 15k miles on this clutch. I drive this car daily so its been through traffic, road trips, some off road, city, and track days. At first this clutch was a bitch IMO. Compare to stock it was very noticeably harder and grabbier if that's a word. You had to burn the clutch slightly to be able to drive smoothly. But once I got the hang of it felt alright. Its still a bitch in traffic compare to stock but it makes up with the quick engagement and how grabby it is. Basically once you push the clutch in and let go, its guaranteed to engage the gears correctly and quickly. I think compare to other heavy duty clutch out there ACT is up there and very street-able considering how much torque its built to handle. I even taught my wife how to drive stick with this clutch and shes never driven manual before and she's dramatic over anything lol If you looking for a mid range durable clutch that can handle 300whp-500whp build with ease that has usable drive-ability then hit up one of our vendors for an ACT.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you for the write up! ACT is a well known and time tested clutch option for our cars. It is one I always recommend. :tup:

Bang876

Your welcome. My car is still in the states but it will get some more work done before I ship it to Germany. I'll be sure to hit you up for some more parts [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION]. I will also takes lots of pics and record me hitting up the Nuremberg Ring with the subject since I only live an hour away.

I also run a ACT street disch and maxx hd pressure plate and i have to say it is nice. As Bang876 said it does take some getting used to but nothing that you cant get used to in about a weeks time of driving with this setup. I currently have about 20K miles on act setup and its still holding strong on my 04 STI.

Just my .02
Raven/Ian

:04ftw:

Your welcome. My car is still in the states but it will get some more work done before I ship it to Germany. I'll be sure to hit you up for some more parts [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION]. I will also takes lots of pics and record me hitting up the Nuremberg Ring with the subject since I only live an hour away.

You only live an hour away?!!! Lucky!!!