AdamB258's SWP 2014 WRX

adamb258

PREVIOUS CAR HISTORY:

2011 Shelby: ( JBA o/r X pipe, mid mounted pypes M-80. SLP loudmouth axleback, JLT intake and Lund Racing tune)

2008 C6: ( custom muffler delete, montess custom diablo tune, BPP vortexx v2 intake)

2003 Mach 1: ( Dr gas O/r X, flowmaster catback, JLT intake, PHP intake spaceer and ported TB, Line lock, 4.10's with rebuild 31 spline diff Weld lites i never got to use, probably more i just dont remember =)

2004 Cobra: ( made 470/470 with 2.76, O/R prochamber and SLP loudmouth catback, JLT intake, cut springs, MGW shifter. Had a stg IV steggy ported blower sitting in my garage waiting to go on before it was wrecked)

Picked her up on January 31, 2014. SWP 5-Door limited WRX including NAV, short throw shifter, blue accent lighting, all weather cargo cover.

I made it a whole 500 miles before some local subbies owners hooked me up with some goodies. Got a V3 Accessport, Cobb SF intake, cobb shift knob, cobb downpipe. The downpipe is waiting for a few months.

I then made an appointment with flexshield for some tint 35/25/5 and red tainted tail lights. I also found a great deal on SPT exhaust as well.

For now I am going to drive and enjoy it this way. The downpipe and a protune will go on this spring/summer for some additional fun. Then the suspension mods begin =)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

Love the mustangs!!!

How did you hear about us?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great choice!

Glad you found us.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes finally you made a journal! You def have to post some info on each stang as well as the wrx!!!!!

adamb258

This was really my wifes car, but it was our project for a while. you can see the cobra behind it in this picture. Originally a 289, had a 302 in it in this picture

adamb258

Long story but ill try to paraphrase =)

1) Decided I wanted my next car to have 4 doors (kids aren't too far off)

2) 1st and second gear on the shelby were useless. This wasn't a whole lot of fun and all these cars were my DD's so getting super sticky rubber that i have to replace every 5k miles at over a grand a pop wasn't very cost effective

I was originally set out to get a CTSV. Like most of you, I have a disease. This is the first car that has made it to real plates before modding (same day actually =) ) This means the V would have likely ended up in the same place as the Shelby. Traction comes at a premium above 500 RWHP

3) I really didnt want to spend the money on the V, I dont trust many cars like this used and after the Shelby I wasn't too keen on spending that much again.

The subbies have always interested me and I have never owned a turbocharged or AWD vehicle. I was really close to purchasing an STI in 05/06 ish. I might have done it too if the saleman hadn't been such a giant asshat.

I test drove a handful of vehicles ranging from a jeep grand cherokee, Focus ST, WRX, STI, GMC terrain, etc

The interior didnt appeal to me at all but once i got behind the wheel I could have cared less what it looked like. In all honesty the simplicity of it is quite refreshing.

Where I will go in the future, who knows. For now I am enjoying this WRX more than I did my Shelby. I get the weirdest looks from my friends when i say that =)

Yes I agree that the gt500 that I rode in wasn't impressive on the out of the whole but I wasn't driving so I might have not gotten the full experience of it out if the hole.