air fuel/ vacuum leak issue

stiorbust

Hello,
I have recently run into an issue. My STI air fuel is running 16% + with spikes of 18+%. The engine will idle fine then dip similar to when the ac compressor comes on. When it does this dip, this is when there is a spike in the air fuel. When I drive the car will feel like it hits a complete wall. feels like it stopped getting air and fuel. like a complete blockage of some sort. I just replaced the downpipe to cat gsket so thats all set. Last week I installed a new 265lph fuel pump from jordan. I spent hours tonight checking everything I could think of. I even pulled the fuel pump, TMIC, etc. All looks fine. I even reflashed the map from my cobb. I did a data log also on my ap. Please help. I have contacted my tuner but he hasnt responded at all. I have a FMIC ready to go so if I need to get it retuned I will install that and bring it down to EFI LOGICS in Bethel, CT. Here are a list of my mods:
Agency cattless downpipe
Megan Racing catback
NGK one step cooler plugs
COBB AP
KN filter drop in filter
Deutschworks 265lph fuel pump (mispelled)
Turbo bros FMIC (not installed)
Smog pump deletes
Thanks for the much needed help. I had also smelt exhaust fumes inside but that pretty much resolved with the exhaust gasket replacement
Grant Sampson

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Can you post a log of just normal driving?

Please log A/F Learned, A/F Correction, Maf Voltage, Boost, RPM, Calculated Load, Throttle Position, Waste Gate Duty Cycle.

Give us about 10 minutes of driving if you can :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will post what I have. Give me some time to.fig out how to upload it

Grant Sampson via tap a talk

Become a premium member and we can host it for you. :)

stiorbust

JJ I will as soon as I dig myself out of debt. The price is right and def supports a great forumn.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
JJ I will as soon as I dig myself out of debt. The price is right and def supports a great forumn.

Thanks pal. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
For now google docs works great. Just make your files public :tup:

Or you can just send them to my email and I will post them

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Grant, I got your email. :tup: From what I can see it looks like you may have issues because your DAM is not 1. I need you to log the following parameters only and I also need for you to drive the car normally for about ten minutes if you could. I need to see both trims for immediate and learned fuel. Try not to log anymore parameters than what I suggest below. I would like to see as much data as possible.

A/F Learned #1
A/F Correction #1
A/F Sensor Ratio
Maf Voltage
Boost (Manifold Relative Pressure)
RPM (Engine Speed)
Calculated Load (Engine Load)
Throttle Position
DAM (IAM)
FBKC
FLKC

Again I need only those parameters. As we troubleshoot I may ask that you add or remove as we go but for now those will do.

stiorbust

Ok will do. I'm just finishing up my fmic install and then I will drive her and datalog. I have a feeling there is a leak coming from the smog pump air lines block offs or hopefully not the up pipe

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ok will do. I'm just finishing up my fmic install and then I will drive her and datalog. I have a feeling there is a leak coming from the smog pump air lines block offs or hopefully not the up pipe

Who knows... maybe you will inadvertently fix a leak and all will be fine. :tup:

However, you need to be tuned for the front mount and the log results may be skewed either by the original issue or the FMIC install, so you are kind of putting yourself in a catch 22 situation by not at least defining the problem before you put the FMIC in. It will be difficult to know for sure if any problems are caused by the original issue or if it is a result of the FMIC install. No matter what you need to tune for the FMIC and you can't do that if the original problem exists.