Alignment Issues

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I got some alignment numbers from Racecomp Engineering a few months ago. I wonder what you guys think of it,
performance wise while also being conscious of tire wear because this is my daily driver. I searched the forum and
all I come up with for proper toe is 0 degrees on all 4. I have RCE camber plate up front and STi Group N top hats
in the rear. Tokico D-spec shocks and RCE yellow springs. Whiteline swaybars and roll center kit front and rear.

RCE numbers: DD USE: Front Camber -1.5, Front Toe Out 1/16". Rear Camber -1.5, Rear Toe In/Out 0.
TRACK/AUTOX USE: decrease front camber to -3.0.

It just seems that the car wanders on the highway over 55-60mph. It seems to pull excessively when the road is
crowned (roads are horrible here and often crowned to run off rain water) in either direction, not just left or right
all the time, kind of dog tracking in tire worn lanes on the road.

I'm about to pick up my Subie from a local shop that replaced a broken valve stem for me. I mentioned my concern to
the shop owner and he said that before I pick it up he can re-align it for me to whatever spec I like. I'm picking it up this
afternoon. That's the only reason this is urgent, after that we can move it to the suspension forum.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Also, I'm aware of what toe out in the front can do. Correct me if I'm wrong but it improves turn in/cornering ability.
From what I understand of alignment geometry, it could also make the steering wheel a little shift at higher speeds which
is kind of what I'm feeling with the wandering and all. I'm just not sure that 1/16" out on the front is that drastic.