berdugo's 07 STI

berdugo

First of all I like to thank Ryan - modaddict for helping me a lot with setting up my car, without his help installing the Crawford 35R kit felt like a nightmare to me.

A short history with my experience with my car.

I got my STI last Jan 2007, I was very disappointed with the oem brake pads, I considered it a garbage so the 1st mod I did was replace the front brake pads with Project mu that is locally available here. The Project mu was ok for stock engine setup.

My next mod was the headlight bulb, I replace the oem dim hid bulb with a 6000K color and I love that mod. Next was the halogen bright bulb, I replaced it with 4500K Philips bluish bulb, great visibility for me.

During the first months of my car, I was happy with the low end power/torque. I was quick fron 0 to 190 kph, but as it reach 190kph or about 5,500 rpm, the power/torque dies down, I was extremely disappointed with it because I was so much more top speed.

With very weak top end power of my stock STI, I decided to buy a Crawford 35R turbo kit along with Crawford Signature series CB exhaust, plus other goodies from Crawford like AOS and forged piston plus rods.

My mod list a too long for me to type here right now so I'll edit this in the future.

A pic of my car with my old setup, pic taken at Baguio City in the Northern Philippines

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 131KB.
mycaratlionsheadgoinguptobaguiocity.jpg

My new bbk/wheel/tire setup
lildevil.gif

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 85KB.
Alconbbkfrontandrear01.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 91KB.
Alconfrontbbk02.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 99KB.
Alconrearbbk01.jpg

ECU mods

1. MoTec M800 PnP
lildevil.gif
banana.gif

2. MAF sensor delete
lildevil.gif

3. MoTec 4 bar MAP sensor
4. Fuel Pressure sensor directly connected to M800
5. MoTec IAT sensor
6. Planning to add more MoTec products in the future
lildevil.gif

Engine mods

1. CP 35R turbo kit, pistons and rods, AOS, CB exhaust
2. PnP heads with GSC S2 cams
3. Custom made headers to fit the Crawford UP and moroso oil pan and Kaminari Race brace. - this headers replaced the AMR EL Race headers I had in my car before.

Suspension mods

1. TiC SST
2. WL SB and endlinks and ALK race version
3. lot's of poly bushings - will replace some or most of it in the future with a better material/bushings
4. Kaminari Race brace
lildevil.gif

Drivetrain mods

1. Exedy twin plate clutch
2. various bushings

Interior mods

1. Lots of gauges, but I'm planning to remove/replace those with MoTec ADL3 once I have the budget
2. Sparco Steering wheel with NRG quick release

berdugo

Pics of engine parts and rebuild

Jun oil pump

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 130KB.
junoilpump2.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 131KB.
morosooilpickuptube.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 77KB.
morosooilpan.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 106KB.
enginebottom1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 89KB.
engineback1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 134KB.
ICpipewrap5.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 98KB.
CrawfordICcore.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 117KB.
newenginebaypic4.jpg

berdugo

some pics

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576 and is 50KB.
Sparcosteeringwheel1.jpg

quick release

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576 and is 46KB.
nrgquickrelease.jpg

estimating the APR WBK front bumper fitment

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 107KB.
MWignitionamponSubie3.jpg

berdugo

Kaminari Race brace alone

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 100KB.
racebrace2.jpg

Kaminari Race brace with APR Wind Splitter - checking how to install it

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 96KB.
racebracewithaprwindsplitter2.jpg

Kaminari Race brace is installed now but not yet for the APR wind splitter, too bad I don't have any pic with the Kaminari installed right now.

user_online.gif
progress.gif

berdugo

M800 PnP

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 94KB.
M800withCANcable.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 66KB.
CANcable2.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 92KB.
UTC.jpg

my oem ecu

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 85KB.
IMG_6173.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 69KB.
IMG_6176.jpg

berdugo

pics of WL SB and endlinks. I'm glad I bought WL SB not some POS brand
lildevil.gif

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 70KB.
WLfrontSBandendlink.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 88KB.
WLrearSBandendlink2.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x683 and is 74KB.
WLrearSBandendlink3.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What a great build! Me likey!

berdugo

thanks for the replies guys :)

the Kaminari Race brace is installed already, unfortunately I don't have any pic of it installed at the moment. APR wind splitter is not yet installed and it might take a very long time before I install it, and most probably will only use it on the track because we have lots and lots of road humps here :tdown:

some suspension mods are waiting for installation, I'm also actually waiting for some suspension parts to be shipped like MSI TA.

There are other MoTec stuffs for installation too, but I'm still waiting for other parts from USA like tefzel wires, crimpers etc. Those things are unavailable here and I buy those kinds of stuffs mostly in USA. MoTec stuffs came from UK.

My upcoming mods will be fuel system upgrade, will put Grimmspeed EBCS, another tuning, will have another custom headers fabricated to fit moroso oil pan, Kaminari Race Brace and it needs to bolt perfectly to the Crawford UP pipe.

Cosworth intake manifold is waiting for installation too so still a lot more to go.

APR WBK is probably one of the last mods I will do, wbk is here now for more than 2 years, I just don't have the time nor the motivation to have it installed :lol:

berdugo

A few more MoTec stuffs came, thanks a lot to Tim Ross of Roger Clark Motorsports for all the help
banana.gif

MoTec ADL3

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 101KB.
MoTecADL3-2.jpg

ADL3 with DMC crimper

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 98KB.
MoTec-ADL2-DMC-crimper.jpg

MoTec SDC 2

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 149KB.
MoTec-SDC2.jpg

MoTec SLM

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 104KB.
MoTec-SLM.jpg

MoTec E888

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 123KB.
MoTec-E888.jpg

MoTec Race Grade GPS

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1000x667 and is 65KB.
MoTec-Race-Grade-GPS-with-S.jpg

MoTec VCS

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 125KB.
MoTec-VCS-from-RCM.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 146KB.
MoTec-VCS-2.jpg

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Nice car man. Did I see widebody kit being installed? :evil:

berdugo

Motec = baller status. Me likey.

I decided to buy those MoTec stuffs so I can datalog a lot of parameters and hopefully it can help my tuner fine tune my car much better.

Nice car man. Did I see widebody kit being installed? :evil:

that's the APR WBK front bumper being fit tested. Honestly I have no idea how to install it since it doesn't come with "groove/teeth" for attachment like the oem bumper so I need to think of something so I can have it installed properly.

berdugo

Time for some updates and pics

Cosworth Intake manifold, TGV, ID2000 Injectors, Aeromotive fuel rails and custom fuel lines

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 155KB.

Fuelsetup1.jpg

New flange for a new custom headers

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 114KB.

headersnewflanges.jpg

Sard 5L surge tank - not yet installed

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 110KB.

Sardsurgetank.jpg

berdugo

Some stuffs from Roger Clark Motorsports that just arrived yesterday - thanks a lot to Tim Ross
smile.gif
tapbanana.gif

RCM crank, alternator and powersteering pump pulleys

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 126KB.
RCMpulleys3.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 112KB.
RCMpulleys1.jpg

Gobstopper replica
smile.gif

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 149KB.
RCMpulleysminireplica.jpg

Torqline CF DS - I waited 2 years for this DS, Torqline redesigned it

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 148KB.
TorqlineCFDS3.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 139KB.
TorqlineCFDS2.jpg

Torqline CF DS OD

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 99KB.
TorlineOD.jpg

OEM DS OD

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682 and is 108KB.
OEMDSOD.jpg