Blow off valve questions

speedy08

Ok just got a turbo xs hybrid for my 08 wrx sti hatchback. What do the washers do when you add or take some out. My car back fired befor putting it on but now it really makes a pop now. Plus I have a turbo back full exhaust on it. Sorry camt think of the name right now. Ill have to get back on that part.
y5ypybe4.jpg
y2apapav.jpg
apysa9a6.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Ok just got a turbo xs hybrid for my 08 wrx sti hatchback. What do the washers do when you add or take some out. My car back fired befor putting it on but now it really makes a pop now. Plus I have a turbo back full exhaust on it. Sorry camt think of the name right now. Ill have to get back on that part.
y5ypybe4.jpg
y2apapav.jpg
apysa9a6.jpg

Welcome to the community.

I think the washers are used to hold pressure. Or they might be there to control when the valve opens on throttle lift. Not sure which.

If your VTA on your bov then you'll definitely get some backfires due to running momentarily rich during shifts and the unburnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust pipe.
If your catless, then this is more pronounced.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Unless you are specifically tuned for a VTA application OR you have relocated the
position of your MAF, I'd highly recommend recirculating the vented boost. I know
a couple people who have a hybrid valve where they recirc 50% and VTA 50% of
the vented boost. They don't seem to have any issues, but then again they also
have a protune.

speedy08

I will have to play with it but I was looking under the car and dont think it has a cat. See if it help with the back fire. But the hybrid bov if quite but you can still hear it when your getting into it. This is my first turbo car like this so learning on the fly. Lol. Thanks for the help so far. Sure there will be more as time go's.