Bone stock 05 wrx/sti

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

35r

Its all good. Ill just turn this thread into my own personal chat room hahaha. So..... Anyone local coming to Dyno Day saturday ? It is held for Fast Track PGH and all the proceeds from the dyno runs go directly to the charity in Support of Huntington Disease.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not gonna lie. I laughed. Hahahaha :tup:

35r

If anyone LOCAL has any interest in my BBS, let me know and make me an offer. They are a little rashed from being 9yrs old and could use some fresh paint, but they are straight and aren't cracked. They have 3 good tires. Im not making a for sale thread because i don't NEED to sell them... Just figured id throw the offer out there since they are sitting in my garage.

35r

As part of my whoring of this thread, check out what the Ol lady made me at 11pm, MINI Apple Pies! She used muffin tins, ERMAGHERD they are EPIC !!!!!!
6u7yja3a.jpg
u4eja6en.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Send one to cleveland. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So what happened exactly?

35r

My 9yr old Wastegate finally died lol, i cant even bitch. That thing never should have lasted that long. Racecar parts aren't meant to live almost a decade. There is actually a dent in the side of the top hat from it slamming off of my downpipe every day for almost 10 years lolol. Anyway We tore it apart, cleaned out the diaphragm, drilled and tapped the holes, and shes good as new. That being said, if i keep this car I'm probably going to just put 2 more on and embrace the twin scroll instead of hiding it and only using 1 like iv been doing. We'll make that pig squeal with dual EWG's!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
"If i keep it"

Whatre you looking at next for options?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Why not make your car 900whp? :lol:

35r

Because it would cost too much. And break more. Subarus are kinda shitty when it comes to making power. Anything over 600 needs to be sleeved or it'll blow to shit. Evo is cheaper to make fast. I have roughly $26k in my motor and barely put down low 500. I can throw $10k in an Evo with an aftermarket stock location turbo and simple bolt ons on a stock block and make 700whp. Its ridiculous.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So whats the downside to a cheap yet fast evo?

35r

Nothing really. Both platforms whether it be Subaru or Mitsubishi have huge issues. If its not Subaru ringlands it will be a Mitsubishi t-case. Things will always break no matter what you have. But if im going to break ill be happier knowing that i broke because i have a 700whp DD streetcar.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So you have an sti invested in your sti and you put low 500s down. If power is what you want why didnt you go with an evo from the get go?

35r

I didn't know any better at the time. All my friends and cousins have sti's, so i fell into the clique. Don't get me wrong, its still an amazing car and i fuck a lot of peoples days up, but i just want more power. I spend a lot of my free time at the shop surrounded by some of the fastest mitsubishi's on this side of the country and they are really growing on me. My one buddy put down 922whp and ran a mid 9sec 1/4 last week. The 2g makes 1000whp and will probably run 7s this year....Thats insane. In all honesty i will probably end up keeping it and dumbing it down so its a little easier on the environment. I don't need 2 cars raping mother nature.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We all start somewhere! How much are you "going to dumb it down" :lol: when i started looking at cars with was between the 04 sti and 04 evo. Sti won cause i loved the way it looked. So it will be interesting to see and learn a little more about evos and those damn 4g63 motors. Make a journal when the time comes!!! Whatre evo8 and evo9 going for these says with a fair amount of miles?