brake pedal click/pop when applied help!

ej2five

Recently I'm experiencing something that is disappointing through my brake pedal. Every now and then when I press the brake, it feels like something snapped/click/tick. I can't replicate it on demand, but it always seem to happen when I don't use the clutch for a long time and then all of a sudden i need to use the brakes, then it will have that 'tick' feeling through the pedal (i.e.: driving on the highway and using the brakes on the off ramp, or cruising along major mac through several lights and need to brake for a red light). It's not a noise, it's something that can be felt.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you check your brake fluid level?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many miles on the brake fluid?

ej2five

its a 2015 8k om everything. brought it to the dealer and they can not duplicate the issue. was told it could be back pressure in the system and its completely normal. but no help from the dealer as of yet.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
There better not be an issue with the fluid on a 2015 STi. :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The dealer should do that not you.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That's messed up. You greased all the gizmos?
Maybe it's the master cylinder flexing on the firewall?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

ej2five

That's messed up. You greased all the gizmos?
Maybe it's the master cylinder flexing on the firewall?

hopefully the dealer doesnt think im crazy. i was gonna just let it be but seems like its been doing this alot and i cant ignore it anymore.

TK-421

im gonna grease every moving part this weekend. hopefully its not the master cylinder or welds

If you touch it in anyway like that, you'll void that warranty real quick. Keep taking it to the dealer till they can have a technician duplicate the issue, or have the technician ride with you while you drive.

ej2five

If you touch it in anyway like that, you'll void that warranty real quick. Keep taking it to the dealer till they can have a technician duplicate the issue, or have the technician ride with you while you drive.

will do. im guessing showing them a bunch of videos will not work?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is there a secondary dealer you can go to?

Worth a shot if its a possibility. Is it still doing it?

ej2five

still doing it. but dealer said they see nothing wrong. i have shown them the video but they keep telling me its the brake light switch....but i know its not.