brake pedal click/pop when applied help!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=3352]ej2five[/MENTION] just keep documenting everything for the dealer.

TK-421

I would continue to go to a different dealer every single time until they fixed it. It could also be a manufacturing flaw from the factory, if the dealers continue saying there is nothing wrong contact SOA

ej2five

update: went to a different dealer and took the tech out for a spin. he did notice the pop after a while. he said it possible it is because of the floating calipers so they cleaned everything and put some gold grease on my pads. well see.

my thinking is its more in the pedals then the brakes itself.

TK-421

update: went to a different dealer and took the tech out for a spin. he did notice the pop after a while. he said it possible it is because of the floating calipers so they cleaned everything and put some gold grease on my pads. well see.

my thinking is its more in the pedals then the brakes itself.

It could reverberate back into the the pedal, I've seen that before which is why I recommend to all m customers to get a master cylinder brace of sorts

ej2five

It could reverberate back into the the pedal, I've seen that before which is why I recommend to all m customers to get a master cylinder brace of sorts

i think thats what i will get is the perrin brace....but dont wanna get it right now while im still in this situation as they could point at the brace and void ny warranty.

TK-421

i think thats what i will get is the perrin brace....but dont wanna get it right now while im still in this situation as they could point at the brace and void ny warranty.

Your absolutely right, they would blame it directly on that, because that's what they do.

ej2five

Your absolutely right, they would blame it directly on that, because that's what they do.

i will see if what they did work after a long drive tomorrow. if not it will be going back. this dealer seems to wanna keep working on my car since i think subaru pays them to work on warrt. cars and its easier i guess reason why they keep inviting me back. and i got a loaner.

TK-421

i will see if what they did work after a long drive tomorrow. if not it will be going back. this dealer seems to wanna keep working on my car since i think subaru pays them to work on warrt. cars and its easier i guess reason why they keep inviting me back. and i got a loaner.

Some dealers are like that some aren't, usually the bigger ones are and the smaller dealers are less likely to work with you.

I know up in the Pittsburgh area #1 Cochran was like that, while a smaller place called Kunkles would fight you tooth and nail and no loaners and it was a nightmare to deal with their parts department

ej2five

Some dealers are like that some aren't, usually the bigger ones are and the smaller dealers are less likely to work with you.

I know up in the Pittsburgh area #1 Cochran was like that, while a smaller place called Kunkles would fight you tooth and nail and no loaners and it was a nightmare to deal with their parts department

i am up in the philly area. a&t subaru is really took care of me. the owner has 2 sti in the back of the dealer. some are just friendly and wanna do good.

TK-421

i am up in the philly area. a&t subaru is really took care of me. the owner has 2 sti in the back of the dealer. some are just friendly and wanna do good.

Some dealers care about the customer experience when some dealers are high volume and your just a number. That's the way it is

ej2five

so its still doing it but i just wanna know if the pads are hanging up and i tap the pedal as the calipers clam the pad and i feel it thru the pedal would this be consider normal as we have floating calipers?

TK-421

so its still doing it but i just wanna know if the pads are hanging up and i tap the pedal as the calipers clam the pad and i feel it thru the pedal would this be consider normal as we have floating calipers?

Yes, you've also got to remember this is a rally car, not a bimmer so your gonna have odd noises and such even from the factory. My pads click in both my Evo and STi

ej2five

Yes, you've also got to remember this is a rally car, not a bimmer so your gonna have odd noises and such even from the factory. My pads click in both my Evo and STi

i was going to chalk it up as being normal. its a click in the pedal but i assume it because the pad is not even with the caliper which is what the tech told me. maybe new pads later down the road will be good. i will need deff get the brace

TK-421

i was going to chalk it up as being normal. its a click in the pedal but i assume it because the pad is not even with the caliper which is what the tech told me. maybe new pads later down the road will be good. i will need deff get the brace

The factory pads are kinda known to be junky anyways so it's a good idea regardless

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hawk HPS+! :tup:

ej2five

it has been pooring here in philly PA and the brake pedal has gone away....i am taking very close notes on it guessing it really is the pad.