brake pedal click/pop when applied help!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

ej2five

im tryna figure out the click that i get and while searching i saw someone post that the click could be the brake assist. still trying to figure it out before another trip to the dealer

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Has to be brake chatter. Almost every STi we have seen with stock rotors and brakes do it.

ej2five

Has to be brake chatter. Almost every STi we have seen with stock rotors and brakes do it.

my old 2012 never had it. it happened alot this morning when it was about 35 degree. lightly tapping the brake pedal i would feel a pop. but when i went to the dealer the tech could barely hear the pop when he was doing it. its driving me nuts. ive heard of brake cluck for the brake/pad itself but the pedal poping it something new to me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's really strange then.

ej2five

well ive decided that i am gonna upgrade pads,lines and fluid and see if itll go away because all the dealers are telling me is that the pad is sliding around. its gets worse when it rains and clutch pedal creaks now. rally car at its finest!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If this bothers you, good thing you didnt get an 04! :lol:

ej2five

If this bothers you, good thing you didnt get an 04! :lol:

haha the creaking clutch isnt an issue put the brake pedal poping is very freaky when braking lol. just annoying maybe the brake system overhaul will help plus its an excuse to buy parts i guess lol

ej2five

bled the calipers and no more click!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet jesus it only 2months at the dealer and i had to bring it up lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How did bleeding actually make the click go away?